double click interval for closing tab is too long

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
lalagida

double click interval for closing tab is too long

Post by lalagida »

if you wanna close the slimjet tab, there are several ways to do so
by pressing ctrl w, by context menu, by clicking x button on the tab, or by double clicking tab itself.
I find double clicking most convenient way for the job but here is the problem.
the interval between mouse click is set too long, so things like this happen that I mistakenly send the close command when I just tried to switch tab or do other tasks. can I adjust the interval of double clicks for my need?

secondly, similar problem though, if I want to close several tabs at once, I can shift click tabs to select them all , and press ctrl w and it's done deal.
it's useful when there's dozens of tabs open which make sense.

but if there're two or tree tabs that I want to close, just clicking x twice or double clicking on the tab should be fine.
the problem is however, it has delay so if you click it too fast, the second click is ignored and I need to wait a split second, do next click to get them to work. this isn't the case when I ctrl-w close tabs.if there's two tabs to be closed, I can press the hotkey two times however fast or slow I want.

ps) windows built-in mouse option to set double click interval doesn't work , it's only valid on system level task.

Anonymosity

Re: double click interval for closing tab is too long

Post by Anonymosity »

Middle-click with the pointing device works to close a tab.

lalagida

Re: double click interval for closing tab is too long

Post by lalagida »

thanks for the reply though i already know that alternatives, my mouse wheel button is so stiff, not suitable for everyday's task.

now I chose to reconfigure the hotkey from ctrl w to something easier for my finger placement using AHK.