Please help me so I can finally have a proper browser :(

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
projectfear22

Please help me so I can finally have a proper browser :(

Post by projectfear22 »

SlimBoat is the best browser I had to date, performance and design wise. But I can't get it to play videos, I can't get it to open outlook's site, I can't even get it to open the slimjet website. Please help me fix this as I don't want to stick with a different browser if this is the fastest browser on my machine.

I had firefox for many years until it became slow
Chrome is eating up my PC
Pale Moon works fine but still not fast enough
I downloaded slimbrowser, wasn't pleased
K meleon works somewhat similar to palemoon sometimes better sometimes worse, but palemoon seems better
Falkon was slow
couldn't even open midori

oftentired

Re: Please help me so I can finally have a proper browser :(

Post by oftentired »

Slimboat is not being supported with updates. You use it, "as is". It is not going to be updated with a correction to your problem.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

projectfear22

Post by projectfear22 »

oftentired wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:19 pm
Slimboat is not being supported with updates. You use it, "as is". It is not going to be updated with a correction to your problem.
so you mean slimboat never had the ability to play videos?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

no, I did not write those words.

Slimboat played videos when it came out and was being updated by the developers. Now they have stopped developing Slimboat several years ago and have moved on to Slimjet. This means changes to webpage programming and changes to video codecs are not being accounted for and updated in Slimboat; video playback in Slimboat will be problematic.

The best browser I have used for playing videos without issues is Firefox.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

projectfear22

Post by projectfear22 »

oftentired wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:03 am
no, I did not write those words.

Slimboat played videos when it came out and was being updated by the developers. Now they have stopped developing Slimboat several years ago and have moved on to Slimjet. This means changes to webpage programming and changes to video codecs are not being accounted for and updated in Slimboat; video playback in Slimboat will be problematic.

The best browser I have used for playing videos without issues is Firefox.
Well sure problems might arise, but I think this is a bigger one which shouldn't be the same case for everyone who let's say just now decides to download SlimBoat out of the blue. I don't seek an update but to find the reason why it might not be playing videos for me.

Yes, firefox was great for me back in the old days. I don't remember which version was the best. But I think my main problem was upgrading from XP to 7 since 7 uses more of my PC and less is left for browsers haha.

Perhaps, you can help me find out why exactly SlimBoat is running the fastest on my PC? You know, based on how SlimBoat is made maybe I can find a similar browser. I already know that Chromium browsers aren't good for me.

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

You could try Firefox ESR or Vivaldi, but I don't know if they will be any better.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/all/
https://vivaldi.com/download/

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

.... or you can try Slimjet. I can play anything in it.

Buzzed Lightyear

Post by Buzzed Lightyear »

Yes! I second the option for Vivaldi! Such an under-rated browser!!! Definitely give that one a try and see if you like it.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Slimjet and Vivaldi are my two favorites. I'm still trying to decide which I like better.

projectfear22

Post by projectfear22 »

donaldduck wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:32 am
Slimjet and Vivaldi are my two favorites. I'm still trying to decide which I like better.
sleeper10 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:34 pm
You could try Firefox ESR or Vivaldi, but I don't know if they will be any better.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/all/
https://vivaldi.com/download/
josegimcam wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:58 am
.... or you can try Slimjet. I can play anything in it.
Buzzed Lightyear wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:27 pm
Yes! I second the option for Vivaldi! Such an under-rated browser!!! Definitely give that one a try and see if you like it.

slimjet and vivaldi are both chromium built though. I can't handle anything chromium.

I don't know what slimboat is based on but it runs really fast. So I'm trying to find such call it browser "core".