Auto-hiding bookmarks bar

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
EddyGord

Auto-hiding bookmarks bar

Post by EddyGord »

If setting “Show bookmarks bar” is set to “Auto hide at top”, bookmarks bar should still be always visible on new tab page, like in Chromium.

Also, it would be better if on ordinary pages it appeared not only when user hovers mouse pointer over Omnibox, but over any part of Slimjet’s window’s top interface: Tab strip, buttons, etc.

dev

Re: Auto-hiding bookmarks bar

Post by dev »

21.0.8 build windows7 os i have no problems with this so maybe the way to have your slimjet set up rather than a bug ??, the second i move to open new tab it activates the bookmark bar which is then visible in the open tab till scroll past then it auto hides as it should ..as i only ever use full screen so might be my setup but what is the point of having the pointer activate on the border bar , the second i move my mouse anywhere over where the auto hid bookmark bar is it appears and then is still visible till i move mouse back over it so my pointer would never be above the bookmark bar without it being visible

"like in chromium" ...slimjet is only based on it doesn't mean it has to be exactly the same so some actions will be different

EddyGord

Post by EddyGord »

dev wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:41 pm
bookmark bar which is then visible in the open tab till scroll past then it auto hides as it should
Well, this is where, in my opinion, there is an inconvenience.

For it to be more easily understandable, I'll describe in more detail.

IN CHROME:
Default setting is to only show bookmarks bar on new tab page. If user clicks on bookmark and page loads, bookmarks bar hides. This is convenient because it saves vertical space.

IN CENT BROWSER:
You can set bookmarks bar to autohide. Bookmarks bar will show up when hovering mouse pointer over omnibox. Also, it will be constantly shown on new tab page, even when you don't hover over omnibox, until you click on bookmark. This way, it retains ease of Chrome of accessing bookmarks on new tab page, because you don't have to hover over omnibox to see them.

IN SLIMJET:
You can set bookmarks bar to autohide. Bookmarks bar will show up when hovering mouse pointer over omnibox. But, unlike Cent browser, it is not constantly shown on new tab page - you have to hover over omnibox for it to be shown, exactly like you do on already opened websites.

I want new tab page (opened by "+" button) to constantly show bookmarks bar (until webpage is loaded), even if mouse pointer is not hovering over omnibox. It would be far more convenient to access bookmarks. Compare with Cent browser's implementation.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Convince me this is a bug and I'll move it back to the Bug forum. Carry on.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11