Middle clicking a link 2.17 Daft idea to me!

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
dev

Middle clicking a link 2.17 Daft idea to me!

Post by dev »

Default behavior change: Middle clicking a link in bookmark menu, bookmark bar, "Recently visited sites" and "Most frequently visited sites" menu opens the link in a foreground new tab by default. Hold shift while middle-clicking to open the link in a background new tab.

Any chance of the option not to have middle click open in the foreground and NO i don't want to shift click. Never had to shift click in any other browser ever to open a bookmark in a background tab. Reverting back to 2.16 !!!

Shalnoy83

Re: Middle clicking a link 2.17 Daft idea to me!

Post by Shalnoy83 »

Agree, it's very very uncomfortable for me. The only reason I still use Chrome :(

testerovic

Post by testerovic »

Yes - I registered only to state my opinion on this - this change is terrible. I'm an IT journalist and have been a fierce supporter of Slimjet, recommending it as a replacement for Opera, and using it myself in everyday work instead of Opera. That, however, stops until the middle click behaviour is changed back, and I will hold off updating until then, while checking the alternative browsers, again (sigh - it's really disturbing to see so many developers messing with things that worked in the past).

Really disappointed with this change, which, although a small one, can be detrimental to productivity and sanity.

badablek

Post by badablek »

Glad to see I'm not the only one really disappointed with this (really annoying) change. There is absolutely NO REASON to open links in the foreground with middle click. If I want to open a tab in the foreground, left click is enough for me !

Using middle click is useful to have an alternative to open links/fav/etc. in the background. What is the point to open in the foreground when left click does the same ?
ALL browsers open tabs in the background when using middle click.

please revert it back OR at least let users decide what's best for THEM, not for YOU.

back to 2.1.6 until further notice
Last edited by badablek on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

dev

Post by dev »

Yes some habits of a lifetime cannot be changed and I've tried the middle click but it does not feel right :evil:

dev

Post by dev »

Sorry for the bump but this setting is still a real bug bear .... a option to have this enabled on/off would be much better.

rikkitic

Post by rikkitic »

Just joined but would like to add my voice to this complaint. I love Slimjet and the middle click will not be enough to put me off but I also find it awkward and unintuitive. Putting the cut and paste functions in the context menu would also be a welcome improvement.