NetFlix/WideVine modules....

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
MiqW7394

NetFlix/WideVine modules....

Post by MiqW7394 »

Morning, all.

Now then; I've a problem with NetFlix that's never reared it's head before, and was wondering if this is a bug with the current 21.0.8.0 release.

I usually 'borrow' the 'libwidevinecdmadapter.so' module from a contemporary Chromium 'clone' (usually SRWare Iron), which works fine. I put this in /opt/slimjet, alongside the 'libwidevinecdm.so' module, and everything just behaves itself.

This time around, NetFlix shows whatever the trailer is (as usual), I select what I want to watch, and.....I get a message, informing me that the widevinecdm.so module can't be found, and suggesting I update it from slimjet://components. Which would work if I could find it....

There's no sign of it under 'Components'..!!!

Anybody else come across this one......and is there a 'workaround' available?

Mike. ;)

MiqW7394

Re: NetFlix/WideVine modules....

Post by MiqW7394 »

Well, I now know the whole reason for this is that "libwidevinecdmadapter.so" is deprecated.....and has been for a long time.

The whole Widevine 'subsystem' resides within the "WidevineCdm" directory within the main slimjet directory. So long as this directory is there, SlimJet will find it, and use it. You may find it helps to "borrow" the WidevineCdm directory from Chrome itself, since for some reason Flashpeak always seem to use versions of this, AND libffmpeg, that are far from being up-to-date. I've never understood why.

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)