Icons appearing in toolbar

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
jlhillhouse

Icons appearing in toolbar

Post by jlhillhouse »

when you go to ebay, facebook or amazon, slimjet moves an icon from "Customize Toolbar" in settings to the toolbar (to the right of the search bar) without you doing anything. these icons should only be placed as a decision by the user not automatically? thank you

oftentired

Re: Icons appearing in toolbar

Post by oftentired »

This is deliberate behaviour. Please see the FAQ post here.

Also, I will add. That these icons will come up "for the first and only time" after each fresh installation where you do not have previous flashpeak data to tell Slimjet they have already been seen once. Occasionally this will happen on a major upgrade that requires the data that keeps track of this activity to be deleted, but not often.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

jlhillhouse

Post by jlhillhouse »

my old friend oftentired i appreciate all your help and concern. on your first comment why can't the design be changed (always easy when someone else does the work)? on you second comment sorry does this mean after the icon comes up once then i get rid of it then when i open a new session it will not be there. siimjet sure is running good now days--------- hope it stays that way, all i ever want is more speed. thank you again, johnny

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

jlhillhouse wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:42 pm
my old friend oftentired i appreciate all your help and concern. on your first comment why can't the design be changed (always easy when someone else does the work)?
Flashpeak doesn't make it very clear, these Icons generate a small amount of revenue for the developers. It is not going to be changed.
jlhillhouse wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:42 pm
on you second comment sorry does this mean after the icon comes up once then i get rid of it then when i open a new session it will not be there. siimjet sure is running good now days--------- hope it stays that way, all i ever want is more speed. thank you again, johnny
Correct, they will not be there. They are only supposed to come up once when you visit one of the related sites for the first time. If you get rid of them they stay gone. However, I have noticed that they will come up again, "for the very first time", if you do a fresh installation of the browser. This is understandable since the browser relies on the user data to track this, that data would be removed for a fresh installation. And, on some rare occasions they have also come up again, "for the very first time", after a major update.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

jlhillhouse

Post by jlhillhouse »

thank you