Bookmarks - Historic Backups?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
ChimareaJLJ

Bookmarks - Historic Backups?

Post by ChimareaJLJ »

Dear Members,

I have been using SlimJet for a while.

I had created the first set of Bookmarks on the first computer and synchronized them to my Gmail account.

Then, I created the second set of Bookmarks on the second computer without having logged into my Gmail account first; but later I did log into the Gmail and synchronized the second set of Bookmarks on the second computer.

Now, I cannot see the first set of Bookmarks, that is, those created on the first computer, any longer.

Would I still be able to retrieve the first set of Bookmarkrs, if, by any chance, possible? If yes, how would I do so?

I welcome any suggestions.

oftentired

Re: Bookmarks - Historic Backups?

Post by oftentired »

ChimareaJLJ wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Now, I cannot see the first set of Bookmarks, that is, those created on the first computer, any longer. Would I still be able to retrieve the first set of Bookmarks, if, by any chance, possible? If yes, how would I do so?
Gonna say the sync information out there is a bit lacking. As I understand it, if you used different google accounts to sync your browser data you can retrieve or sync your current browser to any of those accounts by signing into it. If you have used the same account, the specific settings from the first computer will have been synced with the data from the second computer. In which case you won't have a single unique set of data remaining from the first.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ChimareaJLJ

Post by ChimareaJLJ »

Dear oftentired,

That is what I have had thought. I was and am still posting the question in the hope that someone on this Forum would have a solution that I do not know (of).

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion.

I am still looking for a solution, since the first set of Bookmarks is important to me.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

If you have access to the first computer. You can take that computer offline and then run the browser. Then you can perform a manual backup of the bookmarks. You can then copy that manual backup and transfer it to your second computer and make use of those bookmarks using a browser that is not allowed to sync.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ChimareaJLJ

Post by ChimareaJLJ »

Dear oftentired,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have tried that method, but to no avail. I tried to log off my Gmail account on the first computer; but the first set of Bookmarks still did not appear - the Bookmarks bar was empty - it only told me to Import Bookmarks.

The method that you are suggesting would apply only to the current set of Bookmarks, that is, the second set of Bookmarks, which was created on the second computer, and which has already been synchronized to my Gmail account.

But my purpose is to retrieve the first set of Bookmarks, not to backup the current set of Bookmarks.