Flash player default

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
jlhillhouse

Flash player default

Post by jlhillhouse »

is it possible to have a selection for flash player to be allow all the time rather than always having to choose. hope i didn't miss something. thank you

sleeper10

Re: Flash player default

Post by sleeper10 »

Google, not Slimjet, made the change to flash, so I doubt Slimjet can change it since they are based on Google Chrome:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/col ... 348935002/

oftentired

Re: Flash player default

Post by oftentired »

Right now Slimjet is at Chromium version 70. To be more precise I'm running the latest windows release and it says "Version 21.0.7.0 (based on Chromium 70.0.3538.67) (Official Build) (32-bit)". If you go into the Flags you can change a setting that will force the browser to remember the flash preferences. I've read that this will no longer be possible when Slimjet advances to Chromium 71+.

I don't use flash settings so I've not been able to mess with this and test it.

If you go to chrome://flags/ by putting that in the address bar, then search for Flash in the search bar at the top of the flag page. You will then have 3 settings related to flash from that search. You want to to change just one of them. "Ephemeral Flash Permissions" should be set to Disabled. This should result in the browser being forced to remember the flash settings you prefer. I do not know if this is global or just for each website.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11