Need a PDF "just open" option

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Gary__M.

Need a PDF "just open" option

Post by Gary__M. »

Don't know if this has been addressed in a newer version of SJ (I'm using 32bit vers. 1.3.0.0. on Win 7 Pro 64bit), but if there is a PDF attachment in a webmail email, SJ doesn't offer an option to just open it without saving it. Currently, if you double click on the PDF file, SJ brings up the "Save As" dialog box, with no other option available.
Windows 7 Pro (64bit), SJ Version 38.0.7.0 (32bit)

dev

Re: Need a PDF "just open" option

Post by dev »

Why not just update your slimjet version save the devs applying fixes for an outdated version?

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

I believe this has been fixed already. Please update to the latest Slimjet and see if it consist still, if it does then tell us. :)

SJ download pg: http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage.php

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

I cannot update my SJ to the current version because the current version doesn't work with my primary security app Sandboxie.
I hope you guys are right that the issue has already been fixed, but I won't be able to test it out myself until SJ migrates its rendering engine to Chromium 39 or 40. Like I said in my original post, I wasn't sure that this issue had been addressed in newer versions of SJ, but I just wanted to get it listed on the Bug Reports forum in case it hadn't.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

I'm not sure if the issue has been fixed, was just assuming. Sorry. :D Why not downgrade Sandboxie?

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

Sandboxie is my first line of defense against browsing security threats. Downgrading it would compromise any improvements Sandboxie has built into its latest version to handle the newest security exploits. Besides, I was using an earlier version of Sandboxie when I tried to first use the current version of Slimjet, and that didn't work, either. That's when I got some help on the Sandboxie forum, and guys there told me what the real problem was: Sandboxie doesn't play nice with the rendering engine Chromium 38, which the current SJ uses. So the only solution for me was to use the previous version of SJ (which uses Chromium 37) if I wanted to start playing with SJ and evaluating its suitability to become my primary browser.