[Feature] suggestion: Advanced Findbar

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
SJ_Diamond

[Feature] suggestion: Advanced Findbar

Post by SJ_Diamond »

Guess that would be simple to implement so i hope this suggestion is perhaps considered :)

Would be good if the findbar could be enhanced a little bit. Right now Chromium offers only a minimalistic style, would be good to freely change the location of it on the screen and enhance it with some more options.

If i refer for example to Maxthon - they have implemented exactly like that. A fixed location is not the best thing, different users, different productivity expectations.

Thanks for your time :)

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: Feature suggestion: Advanced Findbar

Post by flashpeak »

That's clearly worthy of improvement. I'd not worry about the location much. But it does seem worthwhile to add some basic options to it, such as "case sensitive" and "whole word only".
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

oftentired

Re: Feature suggestion: Advanced Findbar

Post by oftentired »

perhaps

can it be done this way?

Ctrl+F gives you the simple bar which is useful in many instances for a quick find on a page that is annoying to read

Ctrl+F and then Ctrl+F again (when the simple search bar is already open could close the simple bar and) could open up a moveable advanced search window with all the bells and whistles you could possibly want while searching
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11