Change the position of "Share on Facebook" in...

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
dietchrome

Change the position of "Share on Facebook" in...

Post by dietchrome »

... the right-click menu when clicking on pictures.

I often browse sites where the pictures are an easy violation of Facebook's AUP rules (let's just call them Not Safe For Work), and I keep accidentally clicking on the Facebook share option command when I'm looking to Open in New Tab.

Can the Facebook-related command be moved one position lower in future versions so this can be avoided? Or removed altogether since there is a Facebook extension available on the Chrome Web Store?

I certainly hope so. Thank you for your considered replies.

DC
Kubuntu 17.04 (soon to upgrade)
SlimJet 15.1.6.0 (as of 24-9-2018)
Dell Inspiron 1720 (2gb RAM 160GB HDD)
Former Pale Moon, Qupzilla, Seamonkey devotee (this last in 3 OS'es)

oftentired

Re: Change the position of "Share on Facebook" in...

Post by oftentired »

My Share on Facebook context menu command has 7 other commands between it and open in new tab. Open in new tab is the topmost command.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dietchrome

Post by dietchrome »

I'll presume you're using Windows or Mac.

My version is, specifically: Version 15.1.6.0. And I'm in Kubuntu 17.04 Linux. It was installed via the repositories when I added an LXDE layer, which gave me a fancier login dialog. I generally use Plasma (KDE), though.

And in this version, for this platform, Share On Facebook is a single option, and is at the top of the right-click menu on every image ro which I've surfed.

I do wish the phpBB they use here would allow for signature blocks. Then we could add our version and platform, etc. So far I haven't been able to find it.

DC

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

dietchrome wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:36 pm
I do wish the phpBB they use here would allow for signature blocks. Then we could add our version and platform, etc. So far I haven't been able to find it.

DC
I think it does, click on User Name in upper right when logged in, select/click User Control Panel, select click, Profile tab, select/click side menu Edit Signature. Should be able to put your PC info there. Just for fun I changed mine to include SJ type/ver and OS.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dietchrome

Post by dietchrome »

oftentired wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:29 pm
dietchrome wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:36 pm

DC
I think it does, click on User Name in upper right when logged in, select/click User Control Panel, select click, Profile tab, select/click side menu Edit Signature. Should be able to put your PC info there. Just for fun I changed mine to include SJ type/ver and OS.
Thank you. I've followed your instructions and this will prove them correct or otherwise.

DC

dietchrome

Post by dietchrome »

Back to the topic:
Since there are, firstly, more than two incarnations of this "Share to..." selection in the RCM, why not just do away with it altogether?
I can only assume since it's here in SJ, it's in keeping with the popular "ancillary features" of Google Chrome (in its many incarnations).
Bad show I wasn't on Facebook (hadn't been for years) when I last installed Chrome/ium on my machine, but I agree strongly with the sentiment in this JPEG (which are appropriate here in reverse):
http://pics.shutupandfap.com/unusual-se ... -18777.jpg

dietchrome

Post by dietchrome »

If yu folks and the Chrome developers (who of course won't pay a whit of attention to such requests, the least you could do is supply the appropriate email address to Facebook which deals with this issue, i.e, people keep slipping on RCMs on "adult" sites; member X has no intention of violating your content guidelines.

DC

dietchrome

Post by dietchrome »

I'm posting this via Version 63.0.3239.84 of Chromium (yes my machine is x86). And I want the SlimJet developers to know: there Is NO "Share on Facebook" selection in the right click menu of this version. That makes me believe any such link, no matter how desirable to other users, is not standard to all Chrome browsers.

i reiterate: remove it in the next few builds (doubtless they will all be made available by way of the "Slimjet is not the current version" quasi-dialog at the top of a window, or I'm migrating to Chromium and forgetting I ever tried SlimJet.

DC