Any chance that tab changing with mousewheel is possible?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
SJ_Diamond

Any chance that tab changing with mousewheel is possible?

Post by SJ_Diamond »

In the case when many tabs are open in Chromium in general, navigating trough them is quite a pain! That is one of the most painful inflexible features of Chromium. Do not know if something like that could be implemented, but scrolling through the tabs with the mousewheel would be great, would enhance productivity a lot in general.

oftentired

Re: Any chance that tab changing with mousewheel is possible

Post by oftentired »

here! here! very good idea!

There is all ready a keyboard shortcut. Ctrl+Tab to move to the right through the tabs Ctrl+Shift+Tab to move to the left.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

You mean when hovering the mouse on one of the tabs and scrolling the wheel? Is there any other browser which does that?
I usually use ctrl+tab to switch between the tabs.

Your suggestion sounds like a good idea. But I haven't got any other similar requests in this aspect.
SJ_Diamond wrote:In the case when many tabs are open in Chromium in general, navigating trough them is quite a pain! That is one of the most painful inflexible features of Chromium. Do not know if something like that could be implemented, but scrolling through the tabs with the mousewheel would be great, would enhance productivity a lot in general.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I like "hovering", could it perhaps be implemented without the scrollwheel? If you hover and not click the mouse over a tab that is not the focus for say 1 second the browser would go into a mode where it will display each tab the mouse passes over until you move the mouse from "hovering" over the tabs. I will post this thought as an independent Feature Request.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11