Slimjet, new versions?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
EddieOrtizMarrero

Slimjet, new versions?

Post by EddieOrtizMarrero »

It has been left behind, all competitors alteranatives of Chrome have already been updated. What's up, Slimjet?

oftentired

Re: Slimjet, new versions?

Post by oftentired »

EddieOrtizMarrero wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:30 am
It has been left behind, all competitors alteranatives of Chrome have already been updated. What's up, Slimjet?
Slimjet historically has been one or two chromium engine versions behind Google Chrome. However, today, I think you are mistaken in your assessment. These are currently installed on my laptop. I copied the information from the "About" section of both browsers. You will note that both Google Chrome and Slimjet are running chromium 68.xxxx. No major complaints have surface on the forum about the Beta 20, should be just fine to use if your not on it yet. Slimjet 20.0.xx was released as Beta 8/24/18.

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Slimjet
Version 20.0.0.0 (based on Chromium 68.0.3440.75) (Official Build) (32-bit)
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

EddieOrtizMarrero

Post by EddieOrtizMarrero »

Versión 19.0.9.0 (basado en Chromium 66.0.3359.117). This is my actual version today 27Aug18. Not updates available is the message when I verify this information in the browser

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

EddieOrtizMarrero wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:06 pm
Versión 19.0.9.0 (basado en Chromium 66.0.3359.117). This is my actual version today 27Aug18. Not updates available is the message when I verify this information in the browser
Same for me, no update showing and I checked the main/homepage for Slimjet and it shows the most recent as what you, (and I) have showing as the most current version. :cry:

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

If your auto-update is not set to Beta you won't see it until the developer is satisfied there are no major glitches that escaped his bench-testing PCs. He usually lets it go to general release after the second or third minor update. To grab it in Beta just switch your auto-update selection to check for Beta or when you go to the Slimjet Product homepage, click the download menu selection at the top of the page and on the download page you can see the Beta choices for download.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

oftentired wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:55 pm
If your auto-update is not set to Beta you won't see it until the developer is satisfied there are no major glitches that escaped his bench-testing PCs. He usually lets it go to general release after the second or third minor update. To grab it in Beta just switch your auto-update selection to check for Beta or when you go to the Slimjet Product homepage, click the download menu selection at the top of the page and on the download page you can see the Beta choices for download.
mine is set that way...but no notification. Version 19.0.9.0

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

jeffhere wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:21 pm
oftentired wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:55 pm
mine is set that way...but no notification. Version 19.0.9.0
That is annoying. Sometimes the auto-update glitches and doesn't work. Just do a manual check for updates. Should give it to you. Or go to the download webpage.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

That is annoying. Sometimes the auto-update glitches and doesn't work. Just do a manual check for updates. Should give it to you. Or go to the download webpage.

yes, that's what I do...check every few weeks or so. thanks....