How to add more search engines ?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
serge111

How to add more search engines ?

Post by serge111 »

Now the way to add new search engines is so stupid - needed change the properties (use as "default") to add in the padding button of the search window.
But number of search engines in the padding button is limited to 3 only. If to add any new over 3 - another is gone & only 3 shown/available.
Does it possible to fix that ?
P.S. In Vivaldi number of search engines not limited & 9 by default (+DuckDuckGo, Qwant, Ecosia, Wikipedia etc...).

oftentired

Re: How to add more search engines ?

Post by oftentired »

I don't think there is a limit of 3 introduced by Slimjet. I think there is a problem with the underlying chromium engine GUI for this feature.

Related Discussion In This Forum

Another Related Discussion In This Forum
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

serge111

Post by serge111 »

Sure, it's common problem with the chromium engine GUI. But Vivaldi team somehow resolve/fix this chromium bug ...
Does it possible to fix this bug in Slimjet too ?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

serge111 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:29 am
Sure, it's common problem with the chromium engine GUI. But Vivaldi team somehow resolve/fix this chromium bug ...
Does it possible to fix this bug in Slimjet too ?
Anything is possible

I think the problem is with the GUI as opposed to a hard limit imposed by the chromium engine.

The Vivaldi team has completely written the GUI for interacting with the settings. It is difficult to know if they replaced the search engine management completely or if they just wrapped it with their GUI and make use the original core chromium engine code from their unique GUI.

As far as I can remember the Slimjet people have been silent on the forums regarding this issue. And I don't remember seeing anything in their blog about it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11