Outdated flash version for linux 32 bit

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
mardimus

Outdated flash version for linux 32 bit

Post by mardimus »

I got old laptop some time ago and installed few linux systems on it. Because that laptop is old I choosed to try only 32 bit distros. The common problem with all those linux installs is that Slimjet 32 bit version for linux has outdated flash. When I go to Adobe's site and check the flash version number it says: "You have version 29,0,0,171 installed". The current Adobe Flash version is 30.0.0.154. Why is that? Is it only 32 bit version problem? I have other laptop which has 64 bit linux installed and it has the latest flash.

oftentired

Re: Outdated flash version for linux 32 bit

Post by oftentired »

I am moving this to the General forum, this problem is not a programming related "bug".
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Just update the flash manually. Download the current adobe flash, then extract it. Open flash_player file, c&p the libpepflashplayer.so & manifest.json to opt/slimjet/Pepperflash (delete old ones there first). Reboot Slimjet & you should be good until the next Slimjet or flash update.

mardimus

Post by mardimus »

It worked! Thanks!... :D

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Good ;) You probably should replace the libffmpeg.so as well:
https://www.slimjet.com/en/libffmpeg.php