Feature Request: better options dialog

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
paul1149

Feature Request: better options dialog

Post by paul1149 »

I remember the day when CNN used to charge a premium for access to their news videos. Those days are long gone, and I recently switched to blocking Plugins by default, and then allowing exceptions, because the assault of unwanted video on the web has become too much.

To make those exceptions I have to go through a laborious process of accessing the long Blink options page, and then its Content popup. I have made an alias for the options page, but this is still an inconvenient process.

Just as SJ has a right-click shortcut for making an page alias, maybe there's sufficient call for the same level of access to the Content popup, or even to directly allow/block/ask plugin access for the current domain.

And in general, Chromium sticks all options on one lengthy, unwieldy page. I would like to see this broken up into a more standard hierarchy, as the new Opera is trying to do. BTW, bravo on that alias function. I think ideally aliases should be attached to the bookmarking process, as the old Opera had it, but I don't know if that's even possible with Blink, and SJ's current function is pretty darn good.

Thanks,
Paul
Last edited by paul1149 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dev

Re: Feature Request: better options dialog

Post by dev »

Wouldn't bookmarking chrome://settings/content speed up the process ?

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Yes, that escaped me. And slimjet://settings/contentExceptions#plugins is even better. Thanks!

dev

Post by dev »

paul1149 wrote:Yes, that escaped me. And slimjet://settings/contentExceptions#plugins is even better. Thanks!
No probs , glad to have helped.

This got me thinking about requesting some of the other settings that are a bit hidden to have a custom toolbar button. It would save taking up a bookmark slot and also give easier access to certain pages that a lot of people don't know about like plugins or flags. I tend to flush my dns regularly slimjet://net-internals/#dns so a custom button would be great.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

and if you use MyMenu extension, you can have them all available (any customizations too) with one click....well maybe 2 (so they can all be available without taking up bookmark space)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ljfgpbeeoe

dev

Post by dev »

jeffhere wrote:and if you use MyMenu extension, you can have them all available (any customizations too) with one click....well maybe 2 (so they can all be available without taking up bookmark space)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ljfgpbeeoe
Nice one. This or similar would be great inbuilt.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

dev wrote:Nice one. This or similar would be great inbuilt.
agreed it would be nice inbuilt but the extension is pretty low mem usage at least...

Meanwhile, SmartUp mouse gestures is getting better. I've been testing a beta version soon to be released. Added as possible gestures are: reopen closed tabs (brings up a list, qty set by user); email tab (already has now replaced a separate extension I used for that!!) . Can use gmail or default email program. Also a mini-apps list as a gesture. Currently set on the mini-apps, but in the near future, should be user selectable! Also in future, you will be able to select an action when you just left click on the icon to have that action taken....he's still trying to improve action on chrome pages, not much luck yet....