Slimjet does not play the music of Spotify Web Player in its latest versions.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
manducator

Re: Slimjet does not play the music of Spotify Web Player in its latest versions.

Post by manducator »

oftentired wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:32 am
maybe check that you have proper permissions for this folder; if you end up changing permissions try the widevine update again
I use the portable version, so I installed it in a folder without permission restrictions. The other components update like they should.
Thanks for helping anyway!!

oftentired

Re: Slimjet does not play the music of Spotify Web Player in its latest versions.

Post by oftentired »

manducator wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:38 am
oftentired wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:08 pm
Try disabling your anti-virus before updating Widevine
Is there a manual process to update Widevine?
This has been a problem periodically. Previously, I have manually copied the widevine from a Chrome installation. Foggy memory, I don't remember if there was a need to rename anything to match what Slimjet is looking for. Just look in the current Slimjet widevine folder and compare the naming convention to what you see in the Chrome.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

manducator

Post by manducator »

oftentired wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:18 pm
This has been a problem periodically. Previously, I have manually copied the widevine from a Chrome installation. Foggy memory, I don't remember if there was a need to rename anything to match what Slimjet is looking for. Just look in the current Slimjet widevine folder and compare the naming convention to what you see in the Chrome.
Just copying the Widevine folder from Chrome to slimjet doesn't do the trick. I hope this problem will be fixed in a future update.
Thanks for your help, everybody!!

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Perhaps the new version fixed it
oftentired wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:21 pm
19.0.8 (7/18/18)
• Fix bug with mp4 codec
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

manducator

Post by manducator »

oftentired wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:43 pm
Perhaps the new version fixed it
oftentired wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:21 pm
19.0.8 (7/18/18)
• Fix bug with mp4 codec
I already installed it yesterday but it doesn't fix the problem.

EddieOrtizMarrero

Post by EddieOrtizMarrero »

Friends, I was the one who originated this post. All the experiences that I have had I made all those tests before finally determining that Slimjet has a problem with Spotify Web Player. Check the Videline, note that the version is not updated to the one that has Chrome at the moment, also as they say here Chrome and Firefox no have problems to play the music. The bad thing is that the people of Slimjet must be seeing all this situation and not even express themselves. At least they say they have that problem and they are working on the solution, but nothing. Please, excuse my English

eloluis68

Post by eloluis68 »

Mi navegador preferido es Slimjet, pero como soy un usuario de Spotify tengo la necesidad de usar Google Chrome para ello. Lo que causa un poco de molestia es que Slimjet no nos dé una respuesta a esta situación, pienso que si lo solucionaran sería el mejor navegador del mundo.

manducator

Post by manducator »

VictorVE wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:03 am
Hi, with last version of Slimjet (beta) , Spotify Web Player is working, try it

Versión 20.0.0.0 (basado en Chromium 68.0.3440.75) (Build oficial) (32 bits)
I get a message on spotify that I should allow protected content to reveal the web player. But that setting is already activated. Sigh... Screw spotify, back to bandcamp. :)