Slimjet does not play the music of Spotify Web Player in its latest versions.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
EddieOrtizMarrero

Spotify Web Player can not play music tracks

Post by EddieOrtizMarrero »

Slimjet does not play the music of Spotify Web Player in its latest versions. The Web Page looks normal, but if you give play to a musical theme, it is not heard. Chrome, Firefox, Comodo Dragon do not have this problem. I use Windows 7 as 10. Any configuration that we do not know?

eloluis68

Re: Spotify Web Player can not play music tracks

Post by eloluis68 »

El mismo problema aquí. Por qué Slimjet no nos da una respuesta al respecto? Spotify no funciona en Slimjet.

Please take the time to translate into English.
The same problem here. Why does not Slimjet give us an answer about it? Spotify does not work on Slimjet
Last edited by oftentired on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translated

EddieOrtizMarrero

Slimjet does not play the music of Spotify Web Player in its latest versions.

Post by EddieOrtizMarrero »

The Web Page looks normal, but if you give play to a musical theme, it is not heard. Chrome, Firefox, Comodo Dragon do not have this problem. I use Windows 7 as 10. Any configuration that we do not know?

manducator

Re: Slimjet does not play the music of Spotify Web Player in its latest versions.

Post by manducator »

I came here to report the same problem.

Does anybody know if the development team knows about this?

Cheers,
Dirk

sleeper10

Re: Slimjet does not play the music of Spotify Web Player in its latest versions.

Post by sleeper10 »

Never used Spotify, but is this any help?
https://support.spotify.com/us/article/ ... ef=related

manducator

Post by manducator »

sleeper10 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:53 am
Never used Spotify, but is this any help?
https://support.spotify.com/us/article/ ... ef=related
Hey Sleeper10,

Thank you very much for your reply but I already found this trick and 'protected content enabled' is the standard option, so that's not the problem. I don't get an error message either on spotify, just nothing happens when I press play.

I'm on win10 home version, latest version of portable 32-bit Slimjet (19.0.7.0). Latest version of Chrome does play spotify. So it's not a soundcard problem.

eloluis68

Post by eloluis68 »

Lo mismo he hecho y Spotify sigue sin funcionar en Slimjet. Parece ser que el problema es en particular en este navegador, puesto que con Google Chrome y otros similares Spotify sí funciona. Cómo nos podrá dar una respuesta el equipo de Slimjet?.

Please take the time to translate your post to English.
The same I have done and Spotify still does not work in Slimjet. It seems that the problem is particularly in this browser, since with Google Chrome and other similar Spotify it works. How can the Slimjet team give us an answer?
Last edited by oftentired on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translated

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Try disabling your anti-virus before updating Widevine
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

manducator

Post by manducator »

oftentired wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:08 pm
Try disabling your anti-virus before updating Widevine
Hey oftentired, you might be onto something; The latest Widevine version Slimjet updates to is 1.4.9.1076. Chrome is on version 1.4.9.1088 (and Chrome plays Spotify without problems).

I can't get Slimjet to update to the latest version. Is there a manual process to update Widevine? Slimjet only seems to install 1.4.9.1076. I don't know how to install 1.4.9.1088 since Slimjet doesn't find it on its own.

I had never heard about Widevine but Google was my friend. I learned a thing or two. Maybe the Widevine version (and Slimjet not updating to the latest version) might be the problem.

Can anybody else tell me which Widevine version is active in their Slimjet? (type 'chrome://components/' in the url bar to see all components + version number).

Thank you!!

P.S. I updated to Slimjet 19.0.8.0 but that doesn't solve the problem either.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

maybe check that you have proper permissions for this folder; if you end up changing permissions try the widevine update again

C:\Users\[YOUR USER\AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\WidevineCDM
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11