Ideas

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
evgeniynadobko

Re: Ideas

Post by evgeniynadobko »

I would like more in the address bar as YandexBrowser.
What would it show only the top level domain (link to homepage)

guciokun

Post by guciokun »

For me Slimjet is already a good browser. The only wish to come true are vertical tabs.
Few browsers that have vertical tabs are not so good or not updated anymore, for example Opera 12, Midori or Otter, so the only one that remains is Firefox with vertical tabs extension.
But since Firefox is less and less usable I don't know what to use anymore... So the only alternatives are Chromium based browsers, but problem with all chrome extensions with this type of tabs arrangement, use external window, which is bad, because main window is not maximized and title bar takes additional vertical space. To name few; Outliner, Sidewise, Tidy sidebar, Tabman, Chrome panel.
My hopes are in Slimjet, since you've made bookmarks side panel which is a great step forward. Integrating tabs in this same panel would be best, a button on top to switch between tabs and bookmarks would be cool, like in Tidy sidebar extension. Even if tabs would stay in title bar I wouldn't mind much.

evgeniynadobko

Post by evgeniynadobko »

When you drag a link, it should open in a background tab. If you drag on the title bar (tab bar), then should open on top.

For example, I often need to open a lot of links, but after each open links have to return to the previous page. This is not right!

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

evgeniynadobko wrote:When you drag a link, it should open in a background tab. If you drag on the title bar (tab bar), then should open on top.

For example, I often need to open a lot of links, but after each open links have to return to the previous page. This is not right!

for now, you might try this extension that might help a bit...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... lhmajimhjf

Jeff