Dashlane Password Manager Extension is Possible

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
ElbowGrease

Dashlane Password Manager Extension is Possible

Post by ElbowGrease »

Dashlane has always been my cross browser password autofill tool and it seems as though most of the Dashlane functionality is already in place in Slimjet through the Blink engine. I can get the Dashlane icon onto the toolbar though grayed out. I can see that it is enabled in the list of installed extension. In the Autofill Settings it says "Dashlane is controlling this setting" Has anybody managed to trick Dashlane into working in Slimjet or is there a significant programming piece Either at Slimjet or at the Dashlane end that is missing? The idea of loading hundreds of passwords into the Slimjet Auto Fill manager and duplicating all changes in the future is kind of depressing.
Last edited by oftentired on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I changed the Subject to more accurately reflect the two posts

ElbowGrease

Re: Dashlane Password Manager Extension is Possible

Post by ElbowGrease »

Updating my own Dashlane question. The short answer is that DASHLANE IS SUPPORTED! DUH ME! At this point, I'm still not sure where I originally went wrong, but with my sincere apologies, here's the short version of what needs to be done.
To install the Dashlane extension, close any other Blink based browsers download and install Dashlane . If you already have it installed, follow the normal Dashlane installation in Slimjet, noting that Dashlane will think it is installing to Chrome because they share the same engine. Nonetheless, the Dashlane icon will appear on the Slimjet toolbar as a grayed out icon. It will not turn blue when Dashlane is enabled (unlike Chrome) but it will still be fully functional.
(When testing Dashlane, just remember that you may need to allow some site domains (on the Ad Blocker) to allow normal functioning.)