Slimjet + Sandboxie

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Gary__M.

Slimjet + Sandboxie

Post by Gary__M. »

Just wondering if anyone is using Slimjet under the great sandboxing application call Sandboxie (www.sandboxie.com). So far I have been unable to get Slimjet to connect to the internet when launched inside Sandboxie.
Windows 7 Pro (64bit), SJ Version 38.0.7.0 (32bit)

dev

Re: Slimjet + Sandboxie

Post by dev »

I've used sandboxie in the past but never for slimjet but i did have a problem with chrome not running within boxie once, the solution was to disable the hardware acceleration within chrome. So try doing that with slimjet (settings towards the bottom after clicking Show advanced settings... )
If that doesn't solve the problem its probably best to post the problem on their forums http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=43

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

Unfortunately, changing hardware acceleration choice didn't solve the problem.
I'm running the current stable release Sandboxie version 4.14 and the current Slimjet version 2.0.0.1. Slimjet connects to internet without problem if it's outside Sandboxie's sandbox.
Is there some way to change Slimjet's user agent string, so that it identifies itself as Google Chrome? I'm thinking that it's possible that if Sandboxie "thought" Slimjet was Chrome, perhaps that would be the solution. Any other ideas, anyone?

P.S., I've already opened a query topic on Sandboxie's forum, and so far, no solution from that angle.

dev

Post by dev »

Try running slimjet portable, just run the full version sandboxed.

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

Please clarify your last message.
Are you suggesting that I download Slimjet Portable and try running that inside Sandboxie?
I'm not sure what you meant when you said "just run the FULL version sandboxed".

dev

Post by dev »

Gary__M. wrote:Please clarify your last message.
Are you suggesting that I download Slimjet Portable and try running that inside Sandboxie?
I'm not sure what you meant when you said "just run the FULL version sandboxed".
Yes. So no hard drive install.

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

Since I've already installed Slimjet on my hard drive (how else would I know it didn't work inside Sandboxie), are you saying I need to uninstall it before trying the test of the portable version? And if so, why?

dev

Post by dev »

You've sort of answered your own question. No need to uninstall because the portable will be sand-boxed.

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

Well, I downloaded portable Slimjet, tried running it inside Sandboxie, with no success. Also, I did test that my copy of portable Slimjet WILL connect to the internet if it's outside the sandbox.

Is there some way for me to change Slimjet's User Agent String, so that it identifies itself as Google Chrome? I'm thinking that it's possible that if Sandboxie "thought" Slimjet was Chrome, perhaps that would be the solution.

Any other ideas, anyone?

djg14

Post by djg14 »

Gary__M. wrote:Just wondering if anyone is using Slimjet under the great sandboxing application call Sandboxie (http://www.sandboxie.com). So far I have been unable to get Slimjet to connect to the internet when launched inside Sandboxie.
I use Slimjet with Sandboxie latest. Don't do anything special.

I use the portable version since I don't want it settings on the C drive.

Setup a separate sandbox for it. Make sure it can access its settings etc and that is about it.

I am using Win 8.1/64