Slimjet + Sandboxie

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Gary__M.

Re: Slimjet + Sandboxie

Post by Gary__M. »

djg14, thanks for giving me hope that Slimjet and Sandboxie will work together. Myself and one other guy on the Sandboxie forum have tried to get them to work, and have been unsuccessful. I've tried both regular install and portable versions.

Let me ask you some questions:
1) Did you dowmload and extract portable Slimjet INSIDE a sandbox originally, or did you download and extract Slimjet to your desktop first, then told Sandboxie to run it in a sandbox?
2) Please give me the exact version numbers of which version of Slimjet and Sandboxie you are using. And are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit versions of either of these? This is very important for me to know!
3) Are you using a paid version of Sandboxie? It sounds like it, because you made a reference to setting up a separate sandbox for it, and you can't do that with the free version of Sandboxie.
4) I'm using Win 7 Pro 64, not Win 8.1 64, but I don't think that should make any difference.
5) Are you sure you didn't modify any stock settings in either Slimjet or Sandboxie?
6) I'm not sure what you meant when you said "make sure it can access its settings". Please clarify.
Windows 7 Pro (64bit), SJ Version 38.0.7.0 (32bit)

djg14

Post by djg14 »

Gary__M. wrote:djg14, thanks for giving me hope that Slimjet and Sandboxie will work together. Myself and one other guy on the Sandboxie forum have tried to get them to work, and have been unsuccessful. I've tried both regular install and portable versions.

Let me ask you some questions:
1) Did you dowmload and extract portable Slimjet INSIDE a sandbox originally, or did you download and extract Slimjet to your desktop first, then told Sandboxie to run it in a sandbox?
No then Yes

2) Please give me the exact version numbers of which version of Slimjet and Sandboxie you are using. And are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit versions of either of these? This is very important for me to know!
Version 1.3.0.0 (based on Chromium 37.0.2062.94)

3) Are you using a paid version of Sandboxie? It sounds like it, because you made a reference to setting up a separate sandbox for it, and you can't do that with the free version of Sandboxie.
Yes paid. I do it that way to keep everything separate. Didn't know that was a restriction in the Free. Maybe you have a conflict in with other programs in the sandbox. First try deleting the contents of the sandbox - a lot of clutter gets left there. If that does not work then delete the sandbox, or if that can't be done in Free. Uninstall SB and reinstall

4) I'm using Win 7 Pro 64, not Win 8.1 64, but I don't think that should make any difference.
Shouldn't make any difference

5) Are you sure you didn't modify any stock settings in either Slimjet or Sandboxie?
None that I can think of - I like to keep is simple

6) I'm not sure what you meant when you said "make sure it can access its settings". Please clarify.
Presumably it has access to the settings under Users. Should be a default setting in the Free. I keep mine in other locations which is why I mentioned it

Hope this helps you

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

djg14, this could be the key to solving the puzzle!

1) Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit Slimjet portable 1.3.0.0?
2) Which version of Sandboxie are you using? And be sure to specify whether it is 32bit or 64bit.
Thanks!

djg14

Post by djg14 »

Gary__M. wrote:
djg14, this could be the key to solving the puzzle!

1) Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit Slimjet portable 1.3.0.0?
2) Which version of Sandboxie are you using? And be sure to specify whether it is 32bit or 64bit.
Thanks!
I posted last night but seems it disappeared

SJ 32
SB 64

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

SJ 32
SB 64
Thank you very much. But I'm still missing one key piece of information: I need to know which VERSION NUMBER of Sandboxie you are using.

dev

Post by dev »

Gary__M. wrote:

SJ 32
SB 64
Thank you very much. But I'm still missing one key piece of information: I need to know which VERSION NUMBER of Sandboxie you are using.
He said the "latest" version in a earlier post.

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

I was already aware that he said "the latest version" of Sandboxie in a previous post.
Sandboxie has official release versions and beta versions of newer builds, and it's impossible to tell which "latest" version djg14 is using. That's why I asked for clarity by asking him to tell me specifically which VERSION NUMBER of Sandboxie he's using that he's found to be compatible with Slimjet.

djg14

Post by djg14 »

Gary__M. wrote:I was already aware that he said "the latest version" of Sandboxie in a previous post.
Sandboxie has official release versions and beta versions of newer builds, and it's impossible to tell which "latest" version djg14 is using. That's why I asked for clarity by asking him to tell me specifically which VERSION NUMBER of Sandboxie he's using that he's found to be compatible with Slimjet.

As I have said before -The Latest Version. But all versions have worked ok with SJ. The only problem I did have was with Opera Dev26 but that was sorted with the betas leading to the current release.

You need to remove SB and reinstall it. Then if that doesn't work gradually remove your security s/w until you find the problem. I maybe that you system is corrupt and you need to go back to a clean image.

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

FYI, SJ vers. 2.0.0.1 does not work with SB current official release 4.14 or beta 4.15.5. This has been proven by me and one other SB user.

My system is not corrupt.

djg14, you have been successful with SJ 1.3.0.0 and SB. All I wanted to know was which specific version number of SB you are using successfully right now with SJ. Could you please pull up your SB Control Panel, and under "Help", click on "About Sandboxie" and tell me what version number you are using? I'd appreciate it!

BTW, can anyone give me the Slimjet URL for the download of SJ 1.3.0.0? The download page on the SJ site only lets you download version 2.0.0.1.

dev

Post by dev »

djg14 wrote:

[/quote]

Just a quick note:
You may not have seen it because i missed it when they updated 32bit 1.3 but portable 64bit version 2.1 is available http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage_win64.php
Soz for hijacking the thread but thought it was worth a mention.