Slimjet + Sandboxie

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
dev

Re: Slimjet + Sandboxie

Post by dev »

Gary__M. wrote:FYI, SJ vers. 2.0.0.1 does not work with SB current official release 4.14 or beta 4.15.5. This has been proven by me and one other SB user.

My system is not corrupt.

djg14, you have been successful with SJ 1.3.0.0 and SB. All I wanted to know was which specific version number of SB you are using successfully right now with SJ. Could you please pull up your SB Control Panel, and under "Help", click on "About Sandboxie" and tell me what version number you are using? I'd appreciate it!

BTW, can anyone give me the Slimjet URL for the download of SJ 1.3.0.0? The download page on the SJ site only lets you download version 2.0.0.1.
There isn't a legacy version available on slimjet's web pages and the majorgeeks etc side mirrors have updated to 2.1 so a search on google is your best bet or a member here may host a old version for you, unfortunately I've just deleted my version of 1.3.

djg14

Post by djg14 »

Just tried the latest SJ in 32 and 64 and both fail to run in Sandboxie so there must be some sort of conflict between the two. Even tried the latest SB beta and that does not help.

Gary__M.

Post by Gary__M. »

The problem of SJ 2.0.0.1 not running in SB is related to the fact that SJ 2.0.0.1 is based on Chromium 38. Chromium 38 has a conflict with SB. The only way to solve this problem will be for SJ to migrate to one of the newer versions of Chromium that are already out: C39 or C40.
Hopefully someone in authority at FlashPeak will see this thread and get the ball rolling on updating SJ to a newer build of Chromium. Since C40 is already out, FlashPeak should probably skip C39 and go directly to C40 on their next build of Slimjet.

djg14, I'd still love to know which version number of Sandboxie you have successfully running SJ 1.3.0.0.
Windows 7 Pro (64bit), SJ Version 38.0.7.0 (32bit)