More features

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
PocketAppZ

More features

Post by PocketAppZ »

Some ideas for new features that could be added in future releases, if the developers choose to do so.

- Add option to disable/hide the built-in Downloads progress bar
- Add toolbar button to access a small Downloads panel/manager
- Add option to restore the ability to go back a page by pressing the Backspace key
- Add ability to download/Save Image As... by ALT-clicking a picture or animated GIF

I think all of the aforementioned features should be integrated into Slimjet. It is the best web browser, and adding these features would reduce the number of small extensions I have installed. These small tweaks should be available by default, in my opinion, and shouldn't require an extension to be installed.

ViktorZV

Re: Feedback - favorite features and wishes

Post by ViktorZV »

Please add customizable buttons on the tool bar!! Like you already have for amazon and ebay.
Buttons to open URL, like favorites.
There is no need to have such long address bar. It is just wasting space, I would like to have buttons there to open favorite websites!

Caluroso

Post by Caluroso »

Favorite:
-RAM Usage
-Chrome Extension Support

Wishlist:
-Scroll tabs bar (like FF) or at least improve the 'List of Tabs' feature, like the ability to close or rearrange them and maybe a fixed display size 'cause when you have a tab a long title makes awkward to use it.

-Video popout/PIP like Opera or Yandex to continue watching videos whilst browsing other sites. Edit: Requested here as well:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1653

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Caluroso wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:07 pm
Favorite:
-RAM Usage
-Chrome Extension Support

Wishlist:
-Scroll tabs bar (like FF) or at least improve the 'List of Tabs' feature, like the ability to close or rearrange them and maybe a fixed display size 'cause when you have a tab a long title makes awkward to use it.

-Video popout/PIP like Opera or Yandex to continue watching videos whilst browsing other sites. Edit: Requested here as well:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1653
1. I don't know how FF does it, but you can go to Settings, Tab Options, and turn on the feature that allows you to use the mouse wheel to scroll through the tabs, you can also always use the keyboard shortcuts for moving through the tabs.
2. Again, I don't know how FF does it, but you can re-arrange the tabs, you can make some choices about where a new tab will open in connection to the current active tab, and you can take you mouse and drag the tabs around to rearrange them.
3. Video popout... I'm not sure how best this is implemented, nor how it is done elsewhere, if I need to see a video while browsing I duplicate the Tab, and then I convert it to an app window and move it to my second monitor screen, alternatively I have also just left it running in the current instance of SJ and opened another new instance of SJ and continue on my merry way
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Caluroso

Post by Caluroso »

oftentired wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:43 pm
1. I don't know how FF does it, but you can go to Settings, Tab Options, and turn on the feature that allows you to use the mouse wheel to scroll through the tabs, you can also always use the keyboard shortcuts for moving through the tabs.
2. Again, I don't know how FF does it, but you can re-arrange the tabs, you can make some choices about where a new tab will open in connection to the current active tab, and you can take you mouse and drag the tabs around to rearrange them.
3. Video popout... I'm not sure how best this is implemented, nor how it is done elsewhere, if I need to see a video while browsing I duplicate the Tab, and then I convert it to an app window and move it to my second monitor screen, alternatively I have also just left it running in the current instance of SJ and opened another new instance of SJ and continue on my merry way
I just tried it and is completely different to how FF does it, FF doesn't shrink tabs when you have many but instead place them in a "carousel" so you can actually read when you run outta screen space, a little video demo: https://gfycat.com/BareExcellentBassethound

I do that as well but a lot screen space is being wasted that way (I use a laptop).

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Caluroso wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:42 pm
I just tried it and is completely different to how FF does it, FF doesn't shrink tabs when you have many but instead place them in a "carousel" so you can actually read when you run outta screen space, a little video demo: https://gfycat.com/BareExcellentBassethound

I do that as well but a lot screen space is being wasted that way (I use a laptop).
The carousel seems a nice way to keep the tab width great enough to be able to see understand what the tab website is. I have no idea if the developer intends to do anything else with the tabs. You never know, he might have something on the back burner.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

spasig111

Post by spasig111 »

- Improve Slimjet password manager.
- FIx BUGS that cause freeze of browser with opening certain saved username/password
- add fast search option for password manager

sjtex100

Post by sjtex100 »

Add the ability to interactively block or whitelist Cookies, ChannelID and Local Storage at the time a site attempts to set these items.

I'd even help fund this one!

PocketAppZ

Re: More features

Post by PocketAppZ »

No feedback? How disappointing.

PocketAppZ

Post by PocketAppZ »

- Add option to disable/hide the built-in Downloads progress bar
- Add option to restore the ability to go back a page by pressing the Backspace key
- Add ability to download/Save Image As... by ALT-clicking a picture or animated GIF