Page didn't update

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
paul1149

Page didn't update

Post by paul1149 »

I never encountered this before. I'm on v. 1.3.0. All my ebay search pages were stuck all morning. Finally I checked the same url in another browser, and I saw that this was not an ebay problem. So I cycled SJ, and the problem was gone.

I don't see any setting, as IE has, for when to check pages for changes. Is there one? Is this a know issue? Sometimes it's important to see the latest page version. This is the first time for this problem.

Thanks,
Paul

dev

Re: Page didn't update

Post by dev »

As in auto/refresh-load ? I would check if a extension is causing it or it may be java script (maybe a rule in your adblocker being blocked)
Block social network javascript on third-party websites setting may cause it

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

No, I mean repeated manual F5 reloads did not update the pages' contents. These are pages I view many times every day, and they never did this before. It seems something was stuck. I do nothing special with my cache.

dev

Post by dev »

Auto refresh must have been broken in the first place for the pages to get stuck tho surely ? Could have been a glitch in the ebay matrix, it can be a bit quirky sometimes as you know. Perhaps your F5 was playing up even. Such a hard thing to recreate the bug to see if it is slimjet.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I don't use autorefresh, if that's what you mean. I often don't know the line between SJ and Blink regarding features or bugs. I doubt f5 has anything to do with it. I don't clear cache when closing SJ, but CCleaner does it for me when shutting down each day.

dev

Post by dev »

paul1149 wrote:I don't use autorefresh, if that's what you mean. I often don't know the line between SJ and Blink regarding features or bugs. I doubt f5 has anything to do with it. I don't clear cache when closing SJ, but CCleaner does it for me when shutting down each day.
MY bad I thought auto refresh/load was default in slimjet without being able to turn it off. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107 (your post)

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Sorry, I thought you were referring to an autorefresh extension, which I don't have. And the page does not autorefresh on the server side.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I'm beginning to think this is an ebay bug. I've had many times when they randomly change my sort order on the fly, irrespective of the url spec. The wrong sort order will produce a static page. I think that's what must have happened here.