preconfigured BING search leads to FPSEEK.COM

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
gaissbauer

preconfigured BING search leads to FPSEEK.COM

Post by gaissbauer »

Attention!!! Today I was confused to seed that the preconfigured BING search URL in the search engines box of a freshly installed SLIMJET browser leads to FPSEEK.COM (http://www.fpseek.com/Results.aspx?n...). I hope the SLIMJET-Team will fiix this immediately and explain us how this could happen because after a quick Google research FPSEEK.COM seems to be a site with an at least dubious if not dangerous reputation.

oftentired

Re: preconfigured BING search leads to FPSEEK.COM

Post by oftentired »

I am 100% certain this did not purposely come from the Slimjet developer.

I suggest you use Malwarebytes to get rid of it or google how to do it manually.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

gaissbauer

Post by gaissbauer »

Oh yes, this is implemented by the developers of SLIMJET. Look at their privacy policy which says in the foot note:
https://www.slimjet.com/en/privacy-policy.htm

The “Bing” search provider included in Slimjet is a sponsored search provider served from fpseek.com and powered by Microsoft’s Bing search engine. …

And it is not my problem to get rid of this but my problem is my loss of confidence in the makers of SLIMJET.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I stand corrected. I passed over the definition and went straight to malware in my mind. I've not paid attention to that tiny little print before.

You can easily delete the preconfigured Bing search and make use of another search. Slimjet does not force you to continue using it. Just to be clear, Slimjet does not bundle the redirect malware.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11