Losing login status - cookie problem?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Jetsamano

Losing login status - cookie problem?

Post by Jetsamano »

Since updating to Version 18.0.1.0 (based on Chromium 64.0.3282.119) (Official Build) (64-bit) I have noticed it is losing my login status for several forums including this one, so I have to keep logging in each time I start Slimjet.
I have always had the setting "Clean the following selected items at exit" set to remove "Browsing History" and "Cached images and files" but retain "Cookies and other site data" and I've had no problem with this until now.
Has anyone any idea what this could be or could it be a bug in the update?
I've done the "Repair Browser Registry Settings" option.

BTW I've just noticed in Important Announcements that the latest stable release is 9.0.
How can I be on version 18? I'm really confused now!

oftentired

Re: Losing login status - cookie problem?

Post by oftentired »

Login problems as you described probably have to do with cookie problems. After you open Slimjet and navigate to the forum. Click the link near the bottom right of the page that says Delete all board cookies. Then close the browser and restart and come back to the forum and login.

I don't know where you were looking but I do not see an important announcement about ver 9.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Jetsamano

Post by Jetsamano »

I deleted all board cookies and closed Slimjet.
Opened Slimjet, logged in, clicked on this thread and then closed Slimjet.
Reopened Slimjet and I had to login again to the forum.
Never had to login before.

BTW, I'm even more confused now, are we looking at a different forum?

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Not sure why it's deleted, but you can try saving it with a cookie manager, Here's one:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog

Obviously, 9.0 is not the latest stable release since that was posted Mar 26, 2016. Latest is in General, Announcements.

Jetsamano

Post by Jetsamano »

sleeper10 wrote:Not sure why it's deleted, but you can try saving it with a cookie manager, Here's one:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog. ...
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm quite happy with the way I control cookies at the moment using CCleaner to weekly delete all cookies except ones I want to retain. I've been using this method successfully since 2005 when I first started using CCleaner.
I use about 5 forums every day that are losing the login status so it's not just the Slimjet forum.
It has only started happening since updating to 18.0.1.0.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Jetsamano wrote:BTW, I'm even more confused now, are we looking at a different forum?
I see. I was looking at the General Forum at the Announcements.
As was pointed out. Look at the dates on the post. Your referring to older topics. They have historical value.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

It doesn't work for me either. Checking ' Log me on automatically each visit' does nothing. Never tried it before, so can't say if it worked in previous versions. Maybe the cookie must be saved within slimjet or the forum somehow?

Jetsamano

Post by Jetsamano »

sleeper10 wrote:It doesn't work for me either. Checking ' Log me on automatically each visit' does nothing. Never tried it before, so can't say if it worked in previous versions. Maybe the cookie must be saved within slimjet or the forum somehow?
I've always had the "Log me on automatically each visit" set otherwise I would expect to have to login every time.

EDIT:
BTW, I used Firefox before Slimjet. I've just tried Firefox and it still kept all the login statuses from when I last used it!

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

The ' Log me on automatically each visit' keeps unchecking itself for me. It seems something isn't being saved somewhere.

Jetsamano

Post by Jetsamano »

sleeper10 wrote:The ' Log me on automatically each visit' keeps unchecking itself for me. It seems something isn't being saved somewhere.
How do you know it's that and not a cookie problem?