Pop-Ups

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
bibarnes

Pop-Ups

Post by bibarnes »

I haven't been able to find a place to manage pop-ups. When I go to kickass.to and click on a download a new tab opens up with music. The same happens in YTS (formerly YIFIY).

Homepage acts strange also. I have set the homepage but it opens with the google page and a tab saying "Slimjet Homepage". Would like to know how to stop Google from pushing me around.

oftentired

Re: Pop-Ups

Post by oftentired »

click the gear icon at the upper right just below the Closing X

Select Settings

On the settings page the second item is "On Startup", make changes there to the behaviour on startup. You will notice each time you install or upgrade Slimjet that it will default once and only once to the Slimjet startpage, after that one time it will return to your chosen settings.

Popup's are best managed using a chrome extension called AdBlockPlus and it appears with a Stop Sign Icon showing the letters ABP. You can obtain this by navigating to the Extensions webpage. To do this you Click the gear icon, select Tools, select Extensions, at the bottom of the page click the link, "get more Extensions", search for Adblockplus and click the Extensions Tab of the search results.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

bibarnes

Post by bibarnes »

oftentired wrote:click the gear icon at the upper right just below the Closing X

Select Settings

On the settings page the second item is "On Startup", make changes there to the behaviour on startup. You will notice each time you install or upgrade Slimjet that it will default once and only once to the Slimjet startpage, after that one time it will return to your chosen settings.

Popup's are best managed using a chrome extension called AdBlockPlus and it appears with a Stop Sign Icon showing the letters ABP. You can obtain this by navigating to the Extensions webpage. To do this you Click the gear icon, select Tools, select Extensions, at the bottom of the page click the link, "get more Extensions", search for Adblockplus and click the Extensions Tab of the search results.
OK done and done. Now the $64,000 question, will I be able to control this "Google helper" or will it dictate?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

click the ABP stop sign and select Options at the bottom of the menu that appears, you can then select which tab of activity you need to interact with, add websites to the white list for those like Hulu.com which require the advertisements to run. Also, when installing the extension for the first time there are three choices to make for protection which you have to scroll down the page to see. I turned them all on and webpage rendering has been good.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11