debug.log files

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Fish David B. Trout

debug.log files

Post by Fish David B. Trout »

I have begun to notice "debug.log" files randomly appearing in various different directories on my system. This only began happening a couple of versions ago when Slimjet used to crash quite frequently under unknown circumstances.

Today Slimjet is no longer crashing, but it is still creating these files. It doesn't create them all the time, and I don't know under what circumstances causes it to create them (and I apologize for not being able to show you the contents of one yet; I just deleted one before making this post! Oops! Sorry! When it occurs again I'll post the contents in a followup post), but I'm pretty such it's SlimJet doing it. If you search the web you'll see others asking aboiut these files too, and the only common thread seems to be Chrome, and Slimjet is based on Chrome (Chromium).

Has anyone else been seeing these files appear on their system?

Can the Slimjet developers tell us what is causing them? Is there any way to disable them?

Thanks! Slimjet works great otherwise!

semseddin

Re: debug.log files

Post by semseddin »

I have same issue on my PC, when I try to delete it I see "file is being used by FlashPeak Slimjet" message.
I have that debug.log files in many other places, is there a way to disable this?

Mostly debug.log files are empty. And sometimes I see this message in the file:

Code: Select all

[1114/095256.429:ERROR:prune_crash_reports.cc(35)] PruneCrashReportDatabase: Failed to get pending reports