v2 beta mouse gesture

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
dev

v2 beta mouse gesture

Post by dev »

Great but having it "pinned" stops you from releasing the gesture when you have accidentally clicked right click on your mouse so you have no option but to trigger a gesture. With other mouse gestures extension if i accidentally right click I just draw a squiggly gesture so it doesn't trigger a gesture.

Scribe_uk

Re: v2 beta mouse gesture

Post by Scribe_uk »

It's good to see the addition of mouse gestures, but I hope in time they will be fully customizable. I use gestures on Firefox (with 'Firegestures' add-on) and Maxthon for zooming - right = zoom in, left = zoom out, up and left = default. But of course everyone has their own preferences.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

@Scribe_uk

try the extension SmartUp.

It is fantastic, no ads, free....fully customizable.

Only problem is currently there is an issue from chrome 37 to 38 affecting zoom in the extension. I have been conversing with the author and he is trying to get it working but having problems getting it to "reset" to a default zoom other than 100% (for example, I may have a page set at 140% as its default)....so he will attempt a compromise to make it work ok. I should have a test version shortly, before he updates...to ensure all works ok before he releases...

So currently, I had to stay with Slimjet 1.3.0

I am also hoping Slimjet can emulate that extension....and fix the default zoom issue.

dev

Post by dev »

The one good thing with inbuilt gestures is being to use them on the chrome store and setting pages if you could get the author of smart up to do a version which did that too would be a good addition. Only trouble that version would have to be hosted away from the chrome store due too their terms and conditions.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

agreed...I hope slimjet builds something like SmartUp for the gestures...so it can work as well as in 360Speed which has fairly robust built in gestures....nice but not great. I figure to wait and see what happens with Slimjet gestures before bugging SmartUp!!

Scribe_uk

Post by Scribe_uk »

@jeffhere. Thanks for the info on Smartup, it certainly looks impressive, although I do hope that the dev's will do more work on the inbuilt gestures, since I think it's better for features to be be available 'out of the box,' especially if it is to attract non power users. I've got so many Add-ons and 'about:config' changes in Firefox, that I've lost track of them! :lol: In some ways I feel it's a pity that SJ isn't Gecko based, because although Chrome seems to be 'flavour of the month' at the moment, I have a feeling that it won't ever be as customizable as Firefox - in spite of Australis! But maybe I'll be proved wrong! :)