Crx-extensions (packed) in SlimJet 17

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
FurLonerD

Crx-extensions (packed) in SlimJet 17

Post by FurLonerD »

In SlimJet 17 almost all manually packed crx extensions don't work - "This extension may have been corrupted." (some extensions still work).
Will this functional returned/fixed in SlimJet or it was cutted off on purpose?

oftentired

Re: Crx-extensions (packed) in SlimJet 17

Post by oftentired »

This is an issue with the Blink engine that Slimjet is using. I would expect this to be resolved with the next major release.

In the mean time there are discussions online regarding work-a-round

I didn't explore the google hits further. I'm sure there is much to be found on this issue.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Re: Crx-extensions (packed) in SlimJet 17

Post by dev »

this change is intended and will become standard behavior , all part of As per the policy described in https://blog.chromium.org/2015/05/conti ... -from.html, Chrome is trying to protect users from malicious extensions by disabling or preventing the installation of unwanted off-store extensions. So unless flashpeak can get around it with coding i wouldn't bet on this being resolved as its not a bug per-say.....what .crx are causing you problems i know the few i had were actually page themes from userstyles so i by passed the drag and and drop method by installing them through tampermonkey as a userscript