Slimjet V2 Beta

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
pjpw2320

Re: Slimjet V2 Beta

Post by pjpw2320 »

dev wrote:Best way is to disable pepperflash and if adode flash is not showing in your plugin page just install flash for chrome http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ once installed enable it / always allow in the plugin page. It should then stay as configured even if slimjet updates.
Thanks very much dev. :)
Peter Wills

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

I say deleting is best...why carry extra "baggage" (files, etc) when not needed! It just takes up space. To each his/her own!

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

jeffhere wrote:I say deleting is best...why carry extra "baggage" (files, etc) when not needed! It just takes up space. To each his/her own!
Attached is a snapshot of my flash plugins. It appears to me that both are enabled. Should I not have just one of these enabled, or as you say Jeff, delete the one I don't want to use?
Peter Wills

dev

Post by dev »

lol just disable pepperflash like i posted earlier if you want adode flash, if both are enabled slimjet will use pepperflash by default. Cannot see the point of deleting folders which you may need i.e a crash of adode flash, testing of which player suits you better, tends to get recreated if browser updates.
Pepperflash is better btw its inbuilt for one its updated as slimjet devs update regular so no need for adode updates every time you start your computer.

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

dev wrote:lol just disable pepperflash like i posted earlier if you want adode flash, if both are enabled slimjet will use pepperflash by default. Cannot see the point of deleting folders which you may need i.e a crash of adode flash, testing of which player suits you better, tends to get recreated if browser updates.
Pepperflash is better btw its inbuilt for one its updated as slimjet devs update regular so no need for adode updates every time you start your computer.
Thanks dev. That was my thought but I wasn't sure if having both enabled was ok or not. :)
Peter Wills

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

flash is now updated to .223 btw
pjpw2320 wrote:
dev wrote:lol just disable pepperflash like i posted earlier if you want adode flash, if both are enabled slimjet will use pepperflash by default. Cannot see the point of deleting folders which you may need i.e a crash of adode flash, testing of which player suits you better, tends to get recreated if browser updates.
Thanks dev. That was my thought but I wasn't sure if having both enabled was ok or not. :)