Slimjet V2 Beta

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
pjpw2320

Slimjet V2 Beta

Post by pjpw2320 »

Where can I find information about this release?
Peter Wills

Scribe_uk

Re: Slimjet V2 Beta

Post by Scribe_uk »

Not sure what you're looking for, but either of these might help -

http://www.slimjet.com/en/whatisnew.php

http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage.php

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

In Slimjet click the Gear Icon on the upper right of the window below the "Close" X Icon and select "Help Center", then select "What's New".

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

Careful...read my new post. Can't go back to old profile without all kinds of errors. For me, I had to go back since the built in gestures are really neanderthal/basic (I was surprised so basic, since the other Slim product had gestures for a long time) and Chrome 38 really messed up SmartUp - best gesture extension out there. I am asking the author to emulate that extension...

Anyway, downgrade warning needed!!!

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

Thanks for the input everyone. I had checked all those links and there was nothing specific on V2.0 as it was beta at the time. The "what's new" at the time was still in relation to V1.3 . All irrelevant now as the official release is now V2.0.0.1 anyway.

I love Slimjet btw but I still sometimes do experience some brief but excessive cpu and memory usage issues. Playing online videos and using Facebook a lot are the major issues in this regard. And Flash, even though built in, is still a pain. Can't wait for a replacement for that!!
Peter Wills

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

you can delete the pepperflash folder in wherever you installed slimjet (for example, C:\program files\slimjet\pepperflash). You can then just install adobe flash from their website in its default location.

I always delete that pepperflash folder and just upkeep flash...So it doesn't have to be "built in".

I do this as I run another browser for testing purposes (I've mentioned 360Speed before) and this way I only deal with one flash location for both....both then automatically pick up the adobe flash. Hope that makes sense...

btw, flash just updated to .223 today

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

Thanks Jeff.
jeffhere wrote:you can delete the pepperflash folder in wherever you installed slimjet (for example, C:\program files\slimjet\pepperflash). You can then just install adobe flash from their website in its default location.

I always delete that pepperflash folder and just upkeep flash...So it doesn't have to be "built in".

I do this as I run another browser for testing purposes (I've mentioned 360Speed before) and this way I only deal with one flash location for both....both then automatically pick up the adobe flash. Hope that makes sense...

btw, flash just updated to .223 today
Peter Wills

dev

Post by dev »

You don't have to delete pepperflash if you don't want to just disable it in slimjet://plugins then enable the adode flash. This saves you deleting the newly recreated pepperflash folder if slimjet updates.

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

dev wrote:You don't have to delete pepperflash if you don't want to just disable it in slimjet://plugins then enable the adode flash. This saves you deleting the newly recreated pepperflash folder if slimjet updates.
Thanks dev. I already have the current Flash on my system as I use other browsers that require it so if I disable pepperflash in the manner you suggest will Slimjet automatically detect Adobe Flash or is there a setting in Slimjet that I have to enable to accomplish that?

Once again thanks very much for your assistance.
Peter Wills

dev

Post by dev »

Best way is to disable pepperflash and if adode flash is not showing in your plugin page just install flash for chrome http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ once installed enable it / always allow in the plugin page. It should then stay as configured even if slimjet updates.