Question about bookmarks menu location

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Peano1956

Question about bookmarks menu location

Post by Peano1956 »

My Pale Moon browser has a toolbar button that toggles the bookmarks menu on the left. Is there a way to do this with SlimJet?

oftentired

Re: Question about bookmarks menu location

Post by oftentired »

user "dev" posted a "Tip" that works if you have your bookmarks bar visible

Link to dev's Tip
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Peano1956

Post by Peano1956 »

oftentired wrote:user "dev" posted a "Tip" that works if you have your bookmarks bar visible

Link to dev's Tip
Thank you. That's sort of what I'm aiming for, but not quite. That method opens the bookmarks manager in a new tab. The Pale Moon toolbar icon opens bookmarks in a separate panel (screen shot above), which you can then close after clicking a bookmark. Also, I don't really want quick access to the bookmarks manager but just to the full menu of bookmarks.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Perhaps for this you may need to adjust your method from mouse to keyboard using the keyboard Ctrl+I to toggle the side panel on and off.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Peano1956

Post by Peano1956 »

oftentired wrote:Perhaps for this you may need to adjust your method from mouse to keyboard using the keyboard Ctrl+I to toggle the side panel on and off.
Thank you. For some reason, Ctrl-l doesn't open the side panel. To get that, I have to go to Menu > Bookmarks > Show bookmarks side panel. But that panel only includes the items already on my bookmarks toolbar. I'm looking for a quick way to get at the entire bookmarks menu.