Cannot log in to Spectrum.net

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
LinnyMint

Cannot log in to Spectrum.net

Post by LinnyMint »

Not sure when this first started happening, but it seems that since Charter Communications became Spectrum, I have been unable to log in using Slimjet. I've tried in Slimjet 11-32 bit and in Slimjet 15-64 bit. Neither works. But I can log in using the Google Chrome browser. This is kind of important because Charter/Spectrum hosts our primary email account and this means that until this is resolved Slimjet cannot be used to access our email (or any other account info for the site).

I just contacted Spectrum support thru their chat and they were no help other than to list the browsers they support. Quoted from the chat session:
We support Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
BTW - I am able to login with Palemoon

CrockPot

Re: Cannot log in to Spectrum.net

Post by CrockPot »

Try disabling your ad blocker first.I'm also Spectrum customer and have no problems login in,but if the ad blocker is activated it won't let me.

LinnyMint

Post by LinnyMint »

Interesting. I'm getting a totally different login page today than I was getting last week. Last week I had disabled the built in ad blocker for this site as well as Privacy Badger and U-Block. When this page came up, Privacy Badger and U-Block were re-enabled and the built in blocker was disabled for site but not for the domain. I saw your post before I noticed any of this so I disabled the built in blocker for the domain and the login works. Thanks CrockPot. I wonder if the problem was that Spectrum was in the middle of implementing a new Home page.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

It is not uncommon for issues to be caused on the server side. Difficult to know that it the case.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11