Several Questions

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Buzzed Lightyear

Several Questions

Post by Buzzed Lightyear »

As a newbie, I have several questions:

1. How do I enable the full URL to show in the URL bar? This includes the "http://" and all that good stuff. I'd also prefer the URL not to have any grey and just be completely black, but just being able to have the full URL would be nice.

2. How to I force pop-ups to open in a new tab regardless of circumstance? I've discovered that pop-up ads tend to open up in a new window instead of a new tab (on sites where I'm required to have Ad Block disabled). With that being said, how do I force pop-ups to strictly open in new tabs? In Firefox, you set "browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction" to 0.

3. How do I completely disable RTC Peer connection? When I uncheck the box for "Enable WebRTC", it doesn't actually appear to completely disable WebRTC, but rather, it seems to just block WebRTC connections. I'm curious as to how I can completely disable WebRTC instead of just blocking incoming connections.

Thank you for any and all help.

oftentired

Re: Several Questions

Post by oftentired »

2. Under Settings, in the Tab Options section, see the selection to always open popups in a new tab instead of a new window
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Hydropss

Post by Hydropss »

Hi

I'm a newbie also and have a couple of questions, how can I enable the menu if possible ?

And is it possible to shorten the address bar ?

Thank you

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Hydropss wrote:Hi

I'm a newbie also and have a couple of questions, how can I enable the menu if possible ?

And is it possible to shorten the address bar ?

Thank you
• You always have to click the Gear Icon at the upper right to drop down the menu choices.

• Address bar, as far as I'm aware, no, we are stuck with it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Buzzed Lightyear

Again, another feature Internet Explorer has that Slimjet does not. Do the developers have no shame? :oops:

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Buzzed Lightyear wrote:

Again, another feature Internet Explorer has that Slimjet does not. Do the developers have no shame? :oops:
I don't think feelings have anything to do with development decisions.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Buzzed Lightyear

oftentired wrote: I don't think feelings have anything to do with development decisions.
True, but they did say, Dare to Compare:

So technically, I'm only doing what the developers told me to do. I'm comparing Slimjet to Internet Explorer and pointing out all the shortcomings. ;)