2017 Annual Visitor Survey

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
saurabhdua

2017 Annual Visitor Survey

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello folks!

Please refer to the enclosed instance, & help 'authenticate' the genuinity of this participation?

Iam parted with my Name, email ID, Date of Birth, Contact No. to this enticement & is quite unsure over the impending repercussions!/

If booby-trapped, I take this opportunity to the alert rest of the Members & urge them to exercise due CAUTION during their face off with any such instance.

Thank you.

PS - The respective Window popped-out exclusively & all of a sudden during the casual browsing of Filehippo.com.

oftentired

Re: 2017 Annual Visitor Survey

Post by oftentired »

This has nothing to do with Slimjet. It looks like it is being called a virus by some websites.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Kindly do post a scroll on this platform alerting other users over this probable pitfall.

Also, help bolster the ''Privacy Settings' by not obliging to the likes of Amazon, Facebook...etc. etc.

You can also think over introducing 3 different Privacy presets within Browser 'Settings' viz. 1) Go-easy! 2) Medium 3) Maximum to cater to the requirements of different sets of users.

Thanks.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

saurabhdua wrote:Kindly do post a scroll on this platform alerting other users over this probable pitfall.
The forum page would be nothing but warnings if this were done. There are hundreds of nasty browser related viruses out there.
saurabhdua wrote:You can also think over introducing 3 different Privacy presets within Browser 'Settings' viz. 1) Go-easy! 2) Medium 3) Maximum to cater to the requirements of different sets of users.
Users have many options to choose from under Settings > Privacy
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

reactorr

Post by reactorr »

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Rogue Killer is known to 'screw-up' PC!

I used it once & had to Re-format the machine to recover from the insidious damages!

I rely on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Super-Antispyware.

Both are consistently running CLEAN scans on my PC.

Rogue-Killer...Oh My God!...not again!

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

saurabhdua wrote:Rogue Killer is known to 'screw-up' PC!

I used it once & had to Re-format the machine to recover from the insidious damages!

I rely on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Super-Antispyware.

Both are consistently running CLEAN scans on my PC.

Rogue-Killer...Oh My God!...not again!
I recommend MBAM over rougekiller. Problems reported with rougekiller seem to be the result of the user failing to double check all of the changes rougekiller recommends. Sometimes legitimate process are not recognized by the program and it disables a program the user wants to keep using. As with any program that makes system level changes to your computer you are responsible for due diligence regarding the changes that will be made before allowing it to make changes to your system.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11