Virus alert still being found

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
djg14

Virus alert still being found

Post by djg14 »

Although the download is now cleared by Avast as being cleared. This morning when I started the program Avast gave an alert that the program contained a virus and proceeded to delete the installation. Same thing happened when I installed Slimjet again.

I do think that you should submit this program to Avast for their clearance. Just to confirm, this virus alert happen after it is installed and it then run.

As it stands, I am not happy to continue running your program.

Scribe_uk

Re: Virus alert still being found

Post by Scribe_uk »

Same thing happened to me. It installed and worked OK for one day, then it was quarantined when I tried to open it the next day! I subsequently uninstalled and reinstalled - or at least tried to, but Avast (free version) wouldn't let it run. I won't attempt another install, until there is confirmation that this has been fixed.

I think that many people trying this for the first time will uninstall and never use it again, which is a shame, because for the one day I used it, I thought it had the makings of a good browser - certainly better than Chrome, even at this early stage.