Slimjet 13.0.7.0

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
calimero

Slimjet 13.0.7.0

Post by calimero »

What are the changes for this version ?

oftentired

Re: 13.0.7.0 released

Post by oftentired »

calimero wrote:What are the changes for this version ?
The "What's New" Log was not updated with the release information by the developer.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

josegimcam

Slimjet 13.0.7.0

Post by josegimcam »

The 13.0.7.0 released post is locked. So I post this here.
Is there an explanation, other than the developer does not want to update the what´s new log, for not give information on the changes?. Thanks.

calimero

Re: Slimjet 13.0.7.0

Post by calimero »

This is weird !

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I am not a developer and I moderate the forum and that is my thread. I normally keep it locked. I left it unlocked as the board was having issues when I made that last post and was not responding to my efforts to interact with the board and I didn't have time to keep at it until it was locked. And then I forgot I had left it unlocked and there you go finding it unlocked :)

While your question in the thread while it was unlocked was on topic, almost everyone else who posts using a reply to that thread are off topic and should be posting a new thread in the General forum instead. So I keep it locked. You may ask why. People first look at Subject titles before clicking on a topic. A forum is inefficient If users are unable to see that "their" problem has been asked and possibly answered by looking at Subject titles. This is a problem when folks start to go off topic in a thread and then anything that has been said which could have been useful to someone else is wasted time and effort because it is contained within a thread with a Subject that does not match their problem. Occasionally Google bot search engine will suss such things out and off topic info can be found using the google search engine. But that is not something most folks will understand so they won't think to use the google search engine if they find the forum first and are looking at the Subjects in the forum.

Everything from my thread is copied from the developers What's New webpage. The developers almost always have something to say in What's New about an update. Occasionally they choose not to do so. I suspect (in other words I'm guessing) this happens more often if they have forgotten to do so or did not have enough time on hand during the update release process to get that done. Also, when this question was asked about the What's New info for the browser prior to Slimjet (Slimbrowser) the developers stated that a minor update will not always be accompanied by information in the What's New log because the update was to issues "under the hood" (my words) and not visible to the user.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

calimero wrote:What are the changes for this version ?
The change log is here:
https://www.slimjet.com/en/whatisnew.php
Last edited by temp_account on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 x64, latest Slimjet x64, "strict site isolation" flag is enabled

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

I was not critising the locked part, only stating a fact.
It´s only that with every change there is an information, so when it´s not there, one asks. If there is nothing important to report, say so: minor changes under the hood if you want to know more go to:
Fix code signing certificate issuse for Mac installer
Fixed a bug with drag & drop operation on the bookmarks bar
Better late than never.
Thanks.