Feature request: When opening a new tab....

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
SJ_Diamond

Feature request: When opening a new tab....

Post by SJ_Diamond »

It would be nice to set in the options the position where the new tab is opened. to the right of the active tab or after the last open tab.

Same goes for what happens when you close a tab. To have the choice when close a tab that you can decide if the next active tab is to the left or the right of the closed tab.

sfcheng

Re: Feature request: When opening a new tab....

Post by sfcheng »

We can add the first option you mentioned. The second option doesn't seem as useful, though.

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

That is fine :) And should work well enough!

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

just released 1.0.9

Added option to show toolbar buttons on the right side of the omnibox (under settings:appearance).
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

That is a godsend function :) I am SO glad that Slimjet guys belong to the sort of guys who DO value customization instead of design only. For exactly that latter new mentality i have left Mozilla with Firefox behind as it is clear enough that Mozilla is not interested in customization any longer. Who is dealing too close with Google will sooner or later lose everything which made them unique in the first place which also sadly happened to Opera.

Looking forward for seeing Slimjet guys giving Google and the Google brand browsers (Mozilla and Opera) more hits in the "not customizable face"! :twisted:

Wonder how the Slimjet user numbers are, guess the browser could need a bit more advertisement on boards and news sites ;)

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

The option to place new tab after all tabs is coming in the next update. As for the user numbers, I'd estimate it to be around a couple of thousands at the moment since we are still in beta phase. We don't have money to pull off any advertising campaign. We focus on improving the quality of our software and let happy users spread the words for us.

SJ_Diamond wrote:That is a godsend function :) I am SO glad that Slimjet guys belong to the sort of guys who DO value customization instead of design only. For exactly that latter new mentality i have left Mozilla with Firefox behind as it is clear enough that Mozilla is not interested in customization any longer. Who is dealing too close with Google will sooner or later lose everything which made them unique in the first place which also sadly happened to Opera.

Looking forward for seeing Slimjet guys giving Google and the Google brand browsers (Mozilla and Opera) more hits in the "not customizable face"! :twisted:

Wonder how the Slimjet user numbers are, guess the browser could need a bit more advertisement on boards and news sites ;)
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.