Feature Request: Open and Close Tab Behavior

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
jeffhere

Feature Request: Open and Close Tab Behavior

Post by jeffhere »

I'd like to be able to choose if a new tab opens at the end of all tabs or to the right of the current tab.

I'd also like to choose when closing a tab, if the tab to the left, right or last active tab would open.

Similar to the options in the picture....
Capture.GIF

guciokun

Re: Feature Request: Open and Close Tab Behavior

Post by guciokun »

Yeah I'd like that too, in that picture is that Opera?

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

guciokun wrote:Yeah I'd like that too, in that picture is that Opera?
That picture is from the other browser I use (for now, Slimjet is getting more robust in flexible features!). It's a Chinese browser called 360Chrome (Fast, new version 8.0.xxx). I don't know Chinese but with translation available as a right click, I visit the forum and get the latest. I have gotten a response or 2, but the browser has removed the dictionary, which I find I really use. They have no intention of putting it back in (silly me, I wouldn't know....maybe the dictionary does not work for the Chinese language??). I have voiced my opinion on the forum but seems like no one cares!

It's actually really good too....but I can't keep active enough on the forum, as I am the only English writer I have seen there! It's a busy forum but all Chinese. And there are a few items on the browser in Chinese but 97% is English. If interested in the link, PM me on here....it's a bit tricky to find the right one...there are multiple versions...this one is really the most user friendly, especially for English.They have a "safe" version but it is slow, imo.

dev

Post by dev »

jeffhere wrote:
That picture is from the other browser I use (for now, Slimjet is getting more robust in flexible features!). It's a Chinese browser called 360Chrome (Fast, new version 8.0.xxx). I don't know Chinese but with translation available as a right click, I visit the forum and get the latest. I have gotten a response or 2, but the browser has removed the dictionary, which I find I really use. They have no intention of putting it back in (silly me, I wouldn't know....maybe the dictionary does not work for the Chinese language??). I have voiced my opinion on the forum but seems like no one cares!

It's actually really good too....but I can't keep active enough on the forum, as I am the only English writer I have seen there! It's a busy forum but all Chinese. And there are a few items on the browser in Chinese but 97% is English. If interested in the link, PM me on here....it's a bit tricky to find the right one...there are multiple versions...this one is really the most user friendly, especially for English.They have a "safe" version but it is slow, imo.
Have they still not put google sync back either in the "fast" version as that was the biggest topic on their forums.

guciokun

Post by guciokun »

jeffhere wrote:

Oh I see... Does it have more features than Slimjet, other than tabs order?
EDIT: No sync, hmmmm? I will stick with Slimjet :D
Last edited by guciokun on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

correct, no sync either. They are getting a lot of complaints on that (but none on the loss of dictionary....gee...I used it 5x just in this post :) )but still holding it back. Must be overhead/speed they are concerned about....or stubbornness!! :D

Yes, a few more features, some of which I asked for on this forum in various topics...features/behaviors/flexibility for one to choose. Slimjet is close and better in many ways (to me). Thus it is my #1 browser now.

For example, if mouse gestures are implemented, I hope it is flexible. Currently I use an extension that is really good - excellent....SmartUp... but if built in gestures are flexible so I can set up as I like, of course I'd use the internal gestures and rid myself of an extension...

dev

Post by dev »

Only bug bear i have with mouse gestures extensions is they don't work on the chrome store, settings page etc which the one inbuilt into coolnovo did.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

As it is now, we do have one option to determine the position of new tabs:

[x]Place new tab from an existing tab at the end of all tabs

But it only applies from new tab opened from an existing tab. New tabs opened by other means (from address bar, bookmark bar, etc) will always be placed at the end.

We might add more options if we hear similar requests from a significant number of users.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

what about for closing a tab?

guciokun

Post by guciokun »

flashpeak wrote:As it is now, we do have one option to determine the position of new tabs:

[x]Place new tab from an existing tab at the end of all tabs

But it only applies from new tab opened from an existing tab. New tabs opened by other means (from address bar, bookmark bar, etc) will always be placed at the end.

We might add more options if we hear similar requests from a significant number of users.
I usually use SimpleTabOrder extension for chrome, but it would be really nice to have those options directly in browser :D