when will we get v55 with slimjet ?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
dev

Re: when will we get v55 with slimjet ?

Post by dev »

slim.moe wrote:
dev wrote:it was pretty much out when they released the first beta only thing that may have been wrong was slimjets code not working with a stable chrome 55, its not as if there is a lot added tbh , the main thing is the security bugs fixed on google's end
Google Chrome is already onto v56 stable, while Slimjet stable is still on Chrome 53 from October.
Let me put this way ..Download and use 13.0.2.0 "beta" which is the most updated slimjet version released based on stable chrome version 55 ....apart from the odd tweak they add its stable as its going to get :) and it doesn't matter what version chrome is on the developers are always going to be behind as they have to let it get released, bugs busted and then they still have code in or code slimjet features/ chrome features once all that is done ..its been told over and over on the forum lol

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

dev wrote:...it doesn't matter what version chrome is on the developers are always going to be behind...
We all understand that, it doesn't need to be repeated.
The question is how far behind, one month, two months, or a half a year?
dev wrote:its been told over and over on the forum
Apparently the users on this forum expect releases more often than every four months.
dev wrote:lol
Some people think that browser which are a few months old pose some security issues.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

let's have a bake sale and raise funds for a full time Slimjet programmer :P
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

slim.moe wrote:
dev wrote:...it doesn't matter what version chrome is on the developers are always going to be behind...
We all understand that, it doesn't need to be repeated.
The question is how far behind, one month, two months, or a half a year?
In relation to what version , your question in its roundabout way was when does slimjet v55 come out ..its out
dev wrote:its been told over and over on the forum
Apparently the users on this forum expect releases more often than every four months.

Its a free product ...don't expect anything
dev wrote:lol
Some people think that browser which are a few months old pose some security issues.
Yet the majority of users who have slimjet still use windows xp / Or install third party extensions or plugins negating any security they had / All Browsers whether they are fully updated fresh off the block or a few months behind have security issues

Sadly we can ask and ask and oftentired does his best but we are never going to know before hand when the product is going to get a update ..no one's fault it's just the way it works , i don't think any of the companies give out beforehand a official date for a updated release

dev

Post by dev »

oftentired wrote:let's have a bake sale and raise funds for a full time Slimjet programmer :P
:lol: and that would still make no difference to how quick or knowing when a update was due ...its free i'm happy we get a update at all , so many of these off shoot browsers just stop and that's that :)

Oh i like apple pie :roll: :twisted:

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

dev wrote:i don't think any of the companies give out beforehand a official date for a updated release
Chrome and Firefox do.

Anyway, v13 was just released as a stable version.

Immersion

Post by Immersion »

slim.moe wrote:
dev wrote:i don't think any of the companies give out beforehand a official date for a updated release
Chrome and Firefox do.

Anyway, v13 was just released as a stable version.
Finally. only few months too late. Welcome to 2016
Last edited by Immersion on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Immersion

Post by Immersion »

dev wrote:
BoydiMore wrote:
dev wrote:Wouldn't touch avira with a barge pole after they were found to be spying on people's computers with SafePrice
Really. Link?
yup look it up they got caught with their browser and av solution installing a browser extension which sent data back without user consent and no uninstall and i sit in the camp once bitten twice shy.... . in fact and related av solutions are being looked on as insecure by top devs from the main browsers https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... us-is-bad/
The link does not work, I am open to hear bad things about avira browser, what I like about it is that they seem to be very fast with updates, what I do not like about it is that I can disable the autopilot module..

Another thing I do not like about avira browser is their privacy policy which seem kind of scary.

https://www.avira.com/en/standard-terms ... s-business

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

Will v13.0.1 be added here like the previous versions?

Vistaguy

Post by Vistaguy »

slim.moe wrote:Will v13.0.1 be added here like the previous versions?
I'm sure it will eventually. A I recall, your main question about Slimjet 13 is viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1284.The answer is "no." However a new version 10.0.12.0 has been released for XP and Vista within the last 24 hours: http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage_xp.php. I just installed it, and was relieved to find that I can now get the current pepperflash version without having to use a 4-month-old Slimjet version.