when will we get v55 with slimjet ?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Immersion

Post by Immersion »

slim.moe

Re: when will we get v55 with slimjet ?

Post by slim.moe »

Or v56 which is being released on Jan 31.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

The developers do not usually release information on their time line for development.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Immersion

Post by Immersion »

slim.moe wrote:Or v56 which is being released on Jan 31.
Not sure why they are slacking all of the sudden slimjet had such fast updates before.
I use slimjet cause it is one of the few browsers that I know and have been confirmed to not send data to google.
There is really not much alternatives.

Iron I do not trust it turns out the owner is only after the adsense money
http://neugierig.org/software/chromium/ ... /iron.html

I am not sure if this is the case with slimjet, of course the dev must get money from somewhere right ?
Adsense is one way of doing that, but it is also away to track people in the browser.

Epic Browser is the only browser I know that have denied ad reveneus from google.
I think this is the weak spot in every privacy focused chromium fork out there.
http://blog.epicbrowser.com/2014/10/goo ... e-said-no/

Then there is comodo dragon Browser which really is good, but their slow updates killed that browser.
Also their shady business with privacydog and the similiar extension released after made you loose confidence in that company.

I had been using dragon for a decade before moving over to slimjet so I am sad to see slimjet is not taking updates seriously.
There is not really many alternative browsers out there.
There is epic browser but they only support like 10 extension. They support not dashlane for instance which I rely a lot on

Maybe I will try Avira Scout once more but I read to read more about it, I think avira scout is one browser that probably send data to google I need to read more about it.
Avira scout is version 55 so it is atleast up to date.

BTW I really recommend this plugin https://multiloginapp.com/canvasdefende ... extension/
Fingerpriting is one of the worse anti-privacy techonlogies.
Last edited by Immersion on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dev

Post by dev »

Wouldn't touch avira with a barge pole after they were found to be spying on people's computers with SafePrice

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Immersion wrote:
Not sure why they are slacking all of the sudden
All of a sudden? We just went from Thanksgiving to New Years, the most busy holiday season one can experience during the year for most people. Let me see... maybe they took some time off? Maybe their own 40+ hour a week jobs were demanding during the holidays? Pick one; they both work for me.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Immersion

Post by Immersion »

dev wrote:Wouldn't touch avira with a barge pole after they were found to be spying on people's computers with SafePrice
Well safeprice is totalyl indepiendent from the browser right ? they ahve different business model for their products I guess.
For instance with the case of comodo internet security they have done no stupid stuff like privacy dog etc as they did with the browser.

Avira Scout have some built in privacy tools. It does not block WebRTC that is kind of bad, there is extensions for that too, but as usual you want to use as small number of extensions as possible.
Slimjet have built in webRTC blocker which is good.

Immersion

Post by Immersion »

oftentired wrote:
Immersion wrote:
Not sure why they are slacking all of the sudden
All of a sudden? We just went from Thanksgiving to New Years, the most busy holiday season one can experience during the year for most people. Let me see... maybe they took some time off? Maybe their own 40+ hour a week jobs were demanding during the holidays? Pick one; they both work for me.
yes but they leave thousands of users with security risks. While they are doing so.

btw we are many months behind now.

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

oftentired wrote:The developers do not usually release information on their time line for development.
It would be good if they started.
Last edited by slim.moe on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flxasfdaer

Post by flxasfdaer »

thx for v55 devs!