New to Slimjet - Ad Blocking Question

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
RhinoStart

New to Slimjet - Ad Blocking Question

Post by RhinoStart »

I'm searching for a new lightweight browser. Slimjet seems like a good choice.

I'm confused about Slimjet and ad blocking. At slimjet.com it says, "Fastest web browser that automatically
blocks ads." There are a few sites where I actually want to see all the ads. Does Slimjet have a toolbar button
(or something similar) to completely disable the ad blocking feature?

If ad blocking can be disabled, but it's buried in an "options" or "preferences" list that would be a problem for me.
Last edited by RhinoStart on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oftentired

Re: New to Slimjet - Ad Blocking Question

Post by oftentired »

click the little tiny right pointing arrow in between your toolbar icons and extension icons (if you have any) and select Customize toolbar, from that menu you can move the built in ad blocker icon from the available list to the current list which will display it for you.

If the little tiny arrow is not visible you can access the Customize toolbar dialog window by going to settings and clicking the Customize toolbar button under Appearance
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

Only to say to RhinoStart that in my experience (IE, FF, Chr , Op, Viv) Slimjet it´s not only the fastest, it´s the browser that consumes fewer resources.

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

You can click the SJ menu button, top-right, and then hover the mouse over "Ad Blocker" and select your choice from the options that pop up...you can disable it, disable for this site...or other options shown in the pop-up...

RhinoStart

Post by RhinoStart »

Thank you oftentired, josegimcam, and cwm4bama.

I realize my question was kind of silly, but when I read all that stuff about ad blocking at slimjet.com I began to
wonder if ad blocking could be toggled on and off.

I did not choose Slimjet randomly. I was specifically searching for a lightweight browser built around the Blink engine.

Perform a Google search using the name of any popular Mozilla browser. The obvious choice is Firefox. Search for
"firefox reCAPTCHA." The results are a huge list of posts and blogs about Firefox not rendering the latest version
of Google's reCAPTCHA.

I have three Gecko engine browsers. A few months ago I noticed this problem with Google's reCAPTCHA. I tried
everything I could think of and advice from the Mozilla community. Nothing worked.

I did not want to install Chrome, but a browser like Slimjet using the same Blink engine is the best solution. I'm
downloading Slimjet. After installing I'll immediately return to a site with reCAPTCHA. Hopefully, it will appear
like it should.