New Tab Page Feature Survey

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
JamieD110

New Tab Page Feature Survey

Post by JamieD110 »

There are two ways to design the new tab page which shows the large quick-dial buttons. One way is to let the user specify the URL of each button. The browser usually includes a preset list of popular web sites as the starting point. SlimBrowser and a few other browser adopts this method currently. Other browsers such as Internet Explorer and Chrome simply show an auto-populated list of most frequently used websites based on the user's browsing history.

Can you guys comment which way you prefer personally? Thanks a lot for your input!
nhạc chuông nơi này có anh, nhac chuong hay, nhac chuong iphone
Last edited by JamieD110 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

RBTB2605

Re: New Tab Page Feature Survey

Post by RBTB2605 »

I prefer absolutely, positively, nothing on a new tab page and this is how I have mine set. about:blank

PietRada

Post by PietRada »

JamieD110 wrote:Can you guys comment which way you prefer personally? Thanks a lot for your input!
No auto-population; just predefined, configurable (this includes "none")

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

RBTB2605 wrote:I prefer absolutely, positively, nothing on a new tab page and this is how I have mine set. about:blank
Very good choice...I also have about:blank set as my "home" start-up URL...when I first open SJ I don't want it to load any specific web site...I like to choose which web site to load every time I start SJ and it's not always the same site..

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

cwm4bama wrote:
RBTB2605 wrote:I prefer absolutely, positively, nothing on a new tab page and this is how I have mine set. about:blank
Very good choice...I also have about:blank set as my "home" start-up URL...when I first open SJ I don't want it to load any specific web site...I like to choose which web site to load every time I start SJ and it's not always the same site..
All of my browsers are set to open this way. Vivaldi, Opera, Slimjet, and Chrome.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

JamieD110 wrote:There are two ways to design the new tab page which shows the large quick-dial buttons. One way is to let the user specify the URL of each button. The browser usually includes a preset list of popular web sites as the starting point. SlimBrowser and a few other browser adopts this method currently. Other browsers such as Internet Explorer and Chrome simply show an auto-populated list of most frequently used websites based on the user's browsing history.

Can you guys comment which way you prefer personally? Thanks a lot for your input!
I use both. When I have a fresh slate I'll start by allowing it to pre-populate. Then after a while I switch over to user defined and shift it around a bit to suit my needs and add anything it missed.

About:Blank is okay... but not exactly what the OP was asking about. I used to use About:Blank exclusively, but the quick dial page shows my selected theme background while About:Blank will not do so. And I don't see the point in using a theme if I cannot occasionally see the background that comes with it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11