Feature Request: Vertical tabs in sidebar

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
guciokun

Feature Request: Vertical tabs in sidebar

Post by guciokun »

Vertical Tabs list in bookmarks sidebar, similar to Tidy sidebar for chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ijcofcmbgp
Further enhancement would be having folders for groups like in Pano extension for Firefox (which uses panorama groups)
https://github.com/shikeshike/Pano

Good thing is that Sidetabs would probably bring few thousands of new users that used Opera 12, or Firefox with any type of Vertical tabs extensions. Bad thing is that people are greedy and will ask for more, like treestyle tabs hierarchy (which can be hard to implement), and option to disable tabs in title bar which I think is impossible to do.
Last edited by guciokun on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

dev

Re: Feature request

Post by dev »

Also make it so it can be used either on the left or the right. It could also feature your toolbar buttons as a sub option or even your themes that you are looking at. Good idea this one.

Edit: Not being greedy tho :D

bakaossan

Post by bakaossan »

Vertical tabs! Yes Yes YES! Please!

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

In the meantime while your waiting

see this Tip from forum user dev

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=139

guciokun

Post by guciokun »

@oftentired It can be handy but It's not what I'm asking ;)
What I mean is sidebar with currently opened tabs, so called vertical tabs or sidetabs. What would be best is that you would switch in side panel what to display; tabs, bookmarks or even History, like in Tidy sidebar. Firefox has Bookmarks/History/"Pano extension"/(and many other extensions) in one sidebar, you simply select side panel's content from toolbar. I don't know if my vision is clear enough :D

dev

Post by dev »

Basically the bookmarks side panel with a lot more features like open tabs shown etc.

guciokun

Post by guciokun »

dev wrote:Basically the bookmarks side panel with a lot more features like open tabs shown etc.
I would say, generic side panel with dynamic content. You choose from toolbar, shortcut or options menu what is displayed there. For example shortcuts like Ctrl+Alt+B for bookmarks, Ctrl+Alt+H for History, Ctrl+Alt+T for tabs and so on. Having a side panel this powerful would easily compete with Firefox or old Opera 12 :D
EDIT: People are whining like crazy on Opera forums to have something like that.