Asks for permission every time I run..

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
yuppicide

Asks for permission every time I run..

Post by yuppicide »

I had Slimjet 10.something. It started crashing quite frequently. Also, YouTube kept freezing up. Not sure if that's the new YouTube design or Slimjet. Decided to upgrade. Button does nothing (as already reported on the forums). I downloaded 12.0.12.0 and put it's contents in the same directory.

Now everytime I start it asks "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" and I must hit yes or no everytime. I right clicked and went to advanced properties and said run as admin. Still does it. It's driving me crazy!

Another issue I have, not sure where this comes from. When I go to imgur I used to be able to drag and drop images to upload. That no longer works.

I am running Windows 10 64-Bit Pro. I have more than enough computer so it should not be my fault things freeze. i7 6700k, gtx 1080, 32GB memory, SSD, etc.

dev

Re: Asks for permission every time I run..

Post by dev »

make it your default browser/full permission through the control panel or whatever its called now on windows 10 and Turn off User Account Control pop-ups

yuppicide

Re: Asks for permission every time I run..

Post by yuppicide »

I don't think I should disable UAC. But since updating Slimjet now I get these messages on most HTTPS websites:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.cnet.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERTIFICATE_TRANSPARENCY_REQUIRED
Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy