Login problems

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Woflje80

Login problems

Post by Woflje80 »

Hello all,

There is today something changed suddenly at login pages.
I can not log in eg. Outlook.com, my Microsoft account, and other pages.
It has something to do with insecurity and invalid HTTPS certificates.
What can I do about it.
I tried it with Edge and Chrome, and that it just does.
What has changed on the Slimjetinstellingen?
Hope someone can help me

wolfje

BillLite

Re: Login problems

Post by BillLite »

I can't help you, and am looking for answer to similar situation.

BUT I have the same problem with login.live.com, another Microsoft web site. I get just a blank page.
Yesterday it worked on the 12.0.10.0 Slimjet version, today it would not work with 12.0.10.0 nor 12.0.11.0.
I haven't tried going back to 12.0.9.0 ( yet).

I have completely disabled the adblocker, and all other extensions, but that did not help. Still get a blank page

That site allows me to login in using Firefox, MS Edge, and Internet Explorer, as well as it working on my iPad using Safari.

BillLite

Post by BillLite »

OK, I went to 12.0.10.0 to 12.0.9.0 and both those would not allow me to login in to the login.live.com site.
SO>>> I took them out, and installed Slimjet version 11.0.8.0 ( the last version 11 ) and it works like it should.
I can only assume something in the chromium code for the 12.0.X.0 versions are screwed up.

If you need to get the older version until thing are fixed again, they are here>>>> http://www.slimjet.com/release/archive/

PS>> Apparently I was wrong about 12.0.10.0 working day before yesterday. Sorry, MY BAD! I do have another machine that has not updated to the 12 versions, so this old brain was in confusion mode.

BillLite

Post by BillLite »

I got my laptop (Slimjet Version 11 it works) next to the desktop (Slimjet version 12 it doesn't work) and went through the settings one by one, and they are the same. So there must be some arcane piece of coding or one of those chrome switches that got added or turned off or whatever the chromium devs do to things.

Woflje80

Post by Woflje80 »

Hello, This morning I reinstalled Slimjet. Got version .12 and evrything works fine again!!

Woflje80

Post by Woflje80 »

OH Oh, the same troubles again. So now I need to use Edge again. So Sad...

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Same here can no longer log into my Outlook email with SlimJet. I am still using 10.0.1.0. Works OK on Firefox.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Log in to Outlook works fine for me using latest Slimjet. Yes, I am back experimenting with Slimjet once again.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Nah not for me. Now I have to go to Firefox to log in with Outlook, and FF makes me log in anew each time, and Outlook is becoming a nuisance now too. I don't think any of the free emails are nearly as good as they used to be. Maybe I'll go back to Fastmail.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I use Mozilla Thunderbird to access all of my e mail accounts with the exception of two. I have two Outlook accounts and one Hotmail account configured in Thunderbird and one Hotmail and two GMails that I use the websites for. You should consider using Thunderbird as it works great and even sets itself up quickly for you as it knows all of the different servers. I use IMAP on Outlook and Hotmail and IMAP on a couple other accounts in Thunderbird.