Bad rating for x64 Slimjet

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
LimboSlam

Bad rating for x64 Slimjet

Post by LimboSlam »

Wow! I can't believe this awesome browser got a bad rating on the site "Should I Remove It" and on their program!??? Can we like improve this by any chance, FlashPeak?

Link: http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/FlashPea ... ogram.aspx

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: Bad rating for x64 Slimjet

Post by flashpeak »

I am not sure how much data they have on the 64-bit version of Slimjet, perhaps only a few limited samples.

But we don't really recommend the 64-bit version at this point since it mostly uses significantly more memory for barely noticeable performance improvement.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

dev

Post by dev »

It also says that all users are USA based, well living proof here to say that's not true I never take too much stock of sites like that, people tend to vote just because they don't like the product or company doesn't matter if its safe or not, a bit similar to WOT web of trust which is also a waste of time.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

I also had a problem running some plugins (one really important to me, assume they will catch up once/if 64bit catches on), so staying with the 32 bit version....very fast and really low memory usage (with my extensions, etc) as is, I mean really low compared to ll other browsers I've tested over time.

I see no advantage to using a 64 bit version in this case. Are there any advantages I'd be missing out on?

dev

Post by dev »

jeffhere wrote:I also had a problem running some plugins (one really important to me, assume they will catch up once/if 64bit catches on), so staying with the 32 bit version....very fast and really low memory usage (with my extensions, etc) as is, I mean really low compared to ll other browsers I've tested over time.

I see no advantage to using a 64 bit version in this case. Are there any advantages I'd be missing out on?
Nope 64bit browsers only gain from being quicker but really its so hard to tell the difference, i suppose they are a bit more secure.
I guess the main difference between 32 and 64 bit software/drivers is how much memory it can access. That means no matter how much RAM you have installed, the software can’t take advantage of it. A 32-bit program is limited to 4GB of RAM.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

I see....

Well if it works for me, then no need to improve it yet. Right?