Support for MP4, Etc?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
jeffhere

Support for MP4, Etc?

Post by jeffhere »

Using Slimjet, I can't run embedded videos...for example, a site called leenks.com...left side they usually show latest videos. Some are not playable in slimjet, although I can download the file and play in a player on my pc.

I also use a different browser (360 Speed Browser) and the videos work fine there. I believe this similar issue has been brought up before...

Will this be fixed?
Captureslim.PNG
Capture360.PNG

dev

Re: Support for MP4, Etc?

Post by dev »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59, no native support for HTML5/H264 in slimjet.

Install http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/ ... for-chrome for a temporary fix. (you have to use drag and drop method to install)

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

Thanks...already had downloaded it from Sandal23's post in this forum (now at the top as someone has tickled it). It worked, but another external extension (I currently use 3 or 4 just to get the behavior I desire)...still its memory is ok...better than the other browser I use that has most features I need (except it has its weakness too!). I am trying to use Slimjet all the time....and hoping for the changes requested to make it more user friendly/flexible.

dev

Post by dev »

jeffhere wrote:Thanks...already had downloaded it from Sandal23's post in this forum (now at the top as someone has tickled it). It worked, but another external extension (I currently use 3 or 4 just to get the behavior I desire)...still its memory is ok...better than the other browser I use that has most features I need (except it has its weakness too!). I am trying to use Slimjet all the time....and hoping for the changes requested to make it more user friendly/flexible.
Yeah I hear you there on extensions, nice to have things inbuilt. I've tried most chromium based browsers coolnovo,coowon,360 etc and found there is always one thing that one browser has and another hasn't, yet to find that browser that ticks all the boxes but slimjet is getting there well i hope so, haven't seen the devs for a while on here.
sidenote: haven't tried Comodo Chromium Secure which is different to comodo dragon yet so might give that a spin.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

dev wrote: sidenote: haven't tried Comodo Chromium Secure which is different to comodo dragon yet so might give that a spin.
I figure if comodo, they are not usually feature laden, do not worth the effort to try! ;)

Exactly as we agree, there are a couple of leaders (that are still updating, I used all the same prior, too) and Slimjet is up there....for me just needs some usability features. Have you checked mem usage? Really low, imo....even with my extra extensions....

dev

Post by dev »

jeffhere wrote:
dev wrote: sidenote: haven't tried Comodo Chromium Secure which is different to comodo dragon yet so might give that a spin.
I figure if comodo, they are not usually feature laden, do not worth the effort to try! ;)

Exactly as we agree, there are a couple of leaders (that are still updating, I used all the same prior, too) and Slimjet is up there....for me just needs some usability features. Have you checked mem usage? Really low, imo....even with my extra extensions....
Yeah slimjet has a low footprint on my system too but like you say just needs a bit more tweaking(cough..mouse gestures) as long as its not too drastic, like coolnovo did with the removal of their quick access tool or slam a great ram eating inbuilt adblocker like some have. If your going alter stuff or add always give the users the option of on/off.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

That is an interesting extension. But didn't it say "If you are running Windows 7, and your Chrome browser is version 33 or newer, the extension will NOT work."
dev wrote:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59, no native support for HTML5/H264 in slimjet.

Install http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/ ... for-chrome for a temporary fix. (you have to use drag and drop method to install)
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

dev

Post by dev »

flashpeak wrote:That is an interesting extension. But didn't it say "If you are running Windows 7, and your Chrome browser is version 33 or newer, the extension will NOT work."
dev wrote:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59, no native support for HTML5/H264 in slimjet.

Well I did say " (you have to use drag and drop method to install)" You have a setting of Always allow out-dated plugins to run and "never trust what the papers say" as my dad use to tell me when i was young.

It does work same as most old extensions will work and the same as using a older browser with the newer extensions (since google changed policy in the chrome store). :)